From The Hymnal ~ Does Jesus Care?

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Word trickled to me this week that a friend from my teen years had lost her Dad to a long illness. He was an elderly man by now. I remember what a precious saint he was and always had an encouraging word for me when I visited his daughter. Although I haven't talked to this gal in many, many years, my heart goes out to her in her time of loss. It hasn't escaped my attention that a couple bloggy friends have also lost a beloved parent recently too. Like my old friend, I am holding you closely in prayer also. Know that I care but so much more importantly, Jesus cares!

Does Jesus Care?

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress
And the way grows weary and long?

Refrain

Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.

Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?

Refrain

Does Jesus care when I’ve tried and failed
To resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief,
Though my tears flow all the night long?

Refrain

Does Jesus care when I’ve said “goodbye”
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks,
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?

(scroll to the end of the page and turn blog music off)