Nailed IT!!

Friday, February 22, 2013
a low carb version of Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes that is!! Remember my attempt here? I didn't have a cute little house guest but a snowed in day was the perfect time to work some more on this recipe.






Taking everything I learned in my last attempt and some things I studied up on, I came up with this --

Blueberry-Greek Yogurt Pancakes

3 Tbsp coconut flour
3 eggs
3 Tbsp full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil and extra for the pan
3-4 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
6 drops liquid stevia
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Heat skillet (my granny's cast iron one is perfect for this) over medium heat. Stir together the coconut flour, baking powder and eggs until a smooth paste forms. Stir in the yogurt, oil, almond milk and stevia until smooth. Add about a Tbsp of oil to the heated skillet. Add batter for 2 pancakes at a time. Top each with 5-6 blueberries. Cook until set and well browned on first side and carefully flip. For best results, make smallish pancakes so they are easier to handle while flipping. When cooked thru, remove and top with softened butter and sugar-free maple syrup. Makes 4-6 smallish pancakes for a total of 2 servings. Each serving is 206 calories, 11.89g carbs, 5.6g fiber = 6.29g net carbs.

They turned out perfect -- light and fluffy and very pancake-like in texture -- not crepe-like. Not too dry and very delicious. I'll be doing these again soon!! Confession time -- after on and off scooping of snow, I ate all the pancakes that this recipe made. Yep, I did -- ALL OF THEM, and didn't need to eat again for several hours, lol.