Parmesan Baked Tomatoes

Saturday, September 21, 2013
We have gotten relatively few tomatoes from our backyard garden -- until the last couple weeks. Now production is in overdrive.....especially my little mini-plum/grape type tomatoes. I have canned and frozen some for future use and have been using them in every way I can think of. Last week at work someone else was talking about crumb topped tomato halves.

Faithfulness Farm Pantry Shelves
A light bulb went off in my head -- I could make something similar using those little tomatoes. So I did and tried them out on my sweet resident guinea pig -- ALL thumbs up!!!

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes

1 lb small, meaty tomatoes, peeled and divided between 4 small ramekins
salt and pepper to taste

Topping;
1/2 c almond flour
1/2 c grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
2 Tbsp butter, softened


Preheat oven to 350°. Divide tomatoes among the ramekins. Salt and pepper as desired. Combine topping ingredients and top each ramekin with 1/4 cup topping mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is well browned. Serve piping hot or at room temperature. Serves 4. 

Each serving 275 calories, 10.14g carbs, 2.6g fiber = 7.54g net carbs