Low Carb Living ~ Peanut Butter Cookies - Low Carb Style

Thursday, February 16, 2012

First off I have to confess that I have a PROBLEM with peanut butter. I love it. I would (and have) chosen to forgo a meal just so I can eat a big ol' spoonful of it (especially if there is also a cup of coffee involved). I really try to not have it in the house -- especially if I am in lose mode, not just maintain mode. That said, SOMETIMES it is nice to have a little treat. These cookies are the BOMB!! - BUT they are a treat - not for everyday consumption. I wrote that for MY benefit :)

Peanut Butter Cookies – Low-Carb Style
(Printable Version)

1 large Egg
1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
1 cup Splenda or 1/2 C. Splenda 1/2 C. Brown Sugar Twin
1 Cup Peanut Butter (Sugar & Salt free,
1 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt

Preheat over to 350°F. Beat egg in bowl with fork. Add vanilla extract then Splenda. Add Peanut butter & mix till well combined. Lastly add baking soda. & salt. Divide dough into 20 little balls and put on a Parchment lined Cookie sheet. Press down on cookies with a fork to make a crisscross pattern. Bake for 8-10 Minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet.

Each cookie: 84 calories and 2 net carbs