Vintage Forsythia

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
On Tuesday evening I was in a *mood* and decided to spring a fun and vintage supper on my family (and 2 guests of my teen daughter). Recently I have scored some great vintage finds at our local thrift stores. I decided to use the Edwin Knowles Forsythia china from the 1950's. I was thrilled to find service for 6 at our local Goodwill store for $10.50. It is in such lovely condition. Someone saved these lovely dishes for *good* use only. I used the dinner and bread & butter plates with some green depression salad plates I had picked up recently at an small antique shop in Hastings. The tablescarf came from a small private thrift store for .75. It was pretty sad. Wrinkled and stained but a little work and it is a beauty again. Such lovely embroidery work. The stemware came from SA (.75 each). I have no idea what pattern or manufacturer they are from but I really liked them and suspected they were also from the 1950's. The centerpiece is very simple....just a green depression bowl with some greenery and a candle but I like that it doesn't take away from the tablesettings.

Supper was 1950's classic fare....Glazed Meatloaf, Cauliflower Gratin, Iceberg Wedges w/homemade 1000 Island Dressing and Parkerhouse Rolls. Dessert was Angel Food Cake w/Strawberries and Whipped Cream. Everything was yum and our little guests had a good time. I plan to do this for my family more often!













Sharing today at Susan's Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch and Suzanne's (Coloradolady) Vintage Thingie Thursday...you will not believe the WONDERFUL things you'll see at these Thursday events!