Low Carb Living ~ Chocolate Coffee Mousse

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sometimes CHOCOLATE is just what is needed! In a week that hosts an IRS DEADLINE, chocolate is most certainly REQUIRED. It has been a CRAZY week at work -- has me dreaming of the more casual, laid back days of summer. I've been wanting to play with a pot de creme recipe but for the ease of this recipe, I will have to wait until time is more plentiful -- maybe for Easter dessert. Thank goodness dark chocolate can be part of a low carb diet :)


Chocolate Coffee Mousse
(Printable Version)

2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp imitation brandy
2 Tbsps instant espresso granules
4 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup sweetener (I used Splenda granules - I prefer Truvia but I was wanting to keep the carbs as low as possible)

In a large bowl, whip the cream on high speed until almost forming peaks. Add all remaining ingredients, except sour cream, one at a time, mixing on low speed. Add sour cream and mix in. Serve in small, individual, serving dishes. Garnish with chopped nuts or grated dark chocolate. Makes 12 servings. 170 calories and 3 net carbs per serving.

8 comments:

  1. Gail
    I make homemade chocolate pudding at least three times a week. I need it! This will be a nice change.

  1. Debbie said...:

    I'm pinning so fast that I'm spinning on this one. I can't wait to make this!

  1. Kim said...:

    Mmmm, two of my favorite things - chocolate and coffee.

  1. ღ soraya ღ said...:

    nice post thanks for sharing...

  1. Yummyy!!!! Now I want a dark chocolate bar and a nice cup of coffee to go with it :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

  1. Shug said...:

    Geez.....I need it now...I need some chocolate! This has been a busy, busy week and I, like you have had my head stuck in books...putting in some overtime hours for the IRS.
    Chocolate will do the trick of getting me back on track..
    hugs

  1. This does sound quick and delicious! When you have time for a real pot de creme check out Dorie Greenspan's recipe - it's my favorite! It's on my blog somewhere.

  1. Leila Hill said...:

    Great! Off to buy ingredients now! Thank you :)

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.