Low-Carb Living ~ Smoky Low-Carb Barbecue Sauce

Friday, August 17, 2012

With #1 son camping out in my basement, he has taken over a lot of the cooking -- that means most everything is being grilled -- no complaints from me. He is doing so well on the low-carb diet and inspiring me everyday with his creations. Last weekend he wanted some BBQ sauce to slather onto ribs -- YUM. I dug out my trusty copy of 500 Low Carb Recipes book by Dana Carpender -- this was excellent. He plans to do ribs again this weekend :)

Smoky Low-Carb Barbecue Sauce
Dana Carpender’s 500 Low Carb Recipes
(Printable Version)

1/4 cup butter
1 small onion
2-3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
6 ounce can tomato paste
1 Tbsp liquid smoke

Chop onion and garlic in food processor until well minced. Saute onion and garlic in butter until softened in a medium pot. Mix in all the other ingredients except the tomato paste and liquid smoke into onion, garlic mixture. Bring to a light boil, then simmer 20 minutes. Whisk in the tomato paste and liquid smoke. Simmer an additional 10 minutes. Makes about 2-1/4 cups of very yummy sauce. Can be frozen .

Per 2 Tablespoons: 61 Calories; 5g Fat; 1g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

5 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love BBQ ribs, either on the grill or roasted in the oven.

  1. Gin said...:

    Gail, I'm a longtime reader but not much of a commenter. I really enjoy these "low-carb" posts since my family recently made the switch to this lifestyle. Thanks for these recipes!

  1. Sounds like a great sauce and I haven't had ribs in waaaaay to long! Enjoy:@)

  1. Oh, I'm loving this recipe. Love ribs - Steve especially loves ribs. What is it with men and messy meats?? It's getting close to dinner time and now I'm starving just looking at that photo.

  1. Thanks for sharing such a delicious post here. I am always searching for low-carb yummy recipes.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.