Foodie Friday

Friday, August 21, 2009


I’m joining in (for the first time) on Foodie Friday today. A BIG thank-you to the gracious host, Michael @ Designs by Gollum (a BEAUTIFUL blog).

Tonight's supper will be an oldie but goodie for us. On the grill, shrimp and garden fresh zucchini and tomatoes and on the side, Garlic-Butter Orzo. The orzo recipe is one that I submitted and was included in Gooseberry Patch's 5 Ingredients Or Less. A well used cookbook in my kitchen. The orzo makes a great side to many dishes but this time of year I especially like it with shrimp and salmon on the grill.


Garlic-Butter Orzo
1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain. Place orzo in a serving bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat; sauté garlic until golden. Remove from heat; add lemon juice, stirring well. Pour over orzo; add parsley and toss.

Featured in Gooseberry Patch’s 5-Ingredients or Less

11 comments:

  1. SnoWhite said...:

    that recipe sounds delicious. do you serve it as a side dish?

  1. SnoWhite said...:

    oops - should have read more carefully! :) I might just have to try this!

  1. Mary said...:

    It's a wonderful recipe, so I can see why it was included in the book. I'm so glad you've joined Foodie Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future. I hope you are having a great day.

  1. Welcome to Foodie Friday! I noticed some other spectacular recipes on your blog (notably those chops on your last posting) and hope you will be joining us every week.

    Lovely blog, I like the tradition of making ornaments for children every year to give them a start when they go out on their own. They are always filed with memories and love.

  1. ButterYum said...:

    My kind of side dish! Welcome to Foodie Friday!!

    Hope to see more of you,
    ButterYum

  1. Lori E said...:

    I have cooked a lot through the years but have never made orzo. Hmm. I had better get on that. This looks really good. Garlic and lemon. My favorites.

  1. SmilingSally said...:

    Tonight will be a special night with this meal!

  1. I will definitely give this a try!!
    Sounds wonderful!!

    Many blessings!

  1. This recipe looks so good. I love the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. Congratulations on having a recipe selected for one of them! Orzo is one of my favorites and this recipe looks like it will work with just about anything. Thanks for sharing it!

  1. Joyce said...:

    I like just 5 ingredients and I also enjoy the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. Thanks for sharing a fast and easy recipe which I am am always looking for during my busy weeknight meals. Welcome to FF too:)
    Joyce

  1. Leann said...:

    Mmmm sounds wonderful. I love Gooseberry Patch Books.

    Thanks for stopping by The Old Parsonage, come back anytime, I love company.

    Enjoy!
    Leann

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.