Cheeseburger Cauliflower

Saturday, March 9, 2013


Sometimes the best dishes are the most simple -- in both preparation and ingredients. You don't get much simplier than this one -- put a simple salad on the side or if you're like me, just scoop it in a bowl and call it good!!



Cheeseburger Cauliflower

1-1/2lbs ground beef
1 small to medium head cauliflower
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Steam cauliflower until fork tender, careful to not over cook and mushy. While the cauliflower is steaming, brown ground beef in a large frying pan with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Drain. Add steamed cauliflower and stir in cheese until melted. Serves 6.

Each serving: 447 calories, 4g carbs, 2g fiber = 2 net carbs.



11 comments:

  1. Vintage Gal said...:

    This looks just delish ~ I could eat a bowl (or two) of that ~ pure comfort food ~

  1. This looks like a great substitute for Mac and Cheese with hamburger added - I need to try this :-)

  1. I am so hungry right now! Catching up on your posts. Hazelnut blondies....yum...

  1. Marigene said...:

    That sounds really good...looks great, too!

  1. FABBY'S LIVING said...:

    Last year I lost 22lbs., wish I could loose 5-7 more but it seems I'm stock at 138 pounds..I'm 5'3, so I would feel better at less! You look gorgeous. I eat without any carbs either, but lots of veggies, cookes chicken, or meat and steamed fish. I also replace some rice when I want to with some quinoa...have you tried it? I haven't gained any weight since 2012 and I have a very active social life around here, lol..Loving this recipe cause I never make anything with ground meat and I really like it! Thank you lovely lady..you look wonderful!
    FABBY

  1. Gert said...:

    Yumm..looks amazing!

  1. Fabby -- what a terrific accomplishment!! i think as you get closer to goal the slower things become but hang in there -- it does come off. Thank you for your nice comments!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

  1. Shug said...:

    On a BIG....diet....this looks so good, but just not in my program yet..
    I'll save it for a later time..

  1. Rhonda M said...:

    This looks wonderful! I would probably throw in some diced onion with the ground beef while it is cooking just because I love onion in most everything, but it certainly looks great just as it is. I bet you could substitute cabbage leaves and a little diced tomato for the cauliflower also. Oh my, now you have me thinking about all kinds of low carb goodness! Congratulations again on your lifestyle and weight changes. You inspire me!

  1. What a wonderful idea that I would have never thought of putting together. This and a salad would make a great meal!

  1. kitty said...:

    This looks creamy with the cheese and nutritious with the cauliflower and the beef....and easy, too!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.