Foodie Friday - Florentine Ravioli

Friday, September 25, 2009


Lots more wonderful recipes at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

This has become one of my favorite *fast food* recipes. I use the cheese ravioli from Sam's.



Florentine Ravioli
(Printable Version)

1 Pkg (20-ounce) Frozen Cheese Ravioli
6 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 bag (16-ounce) frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach has thawed, wilted and heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls, top each with pasta and drizzle 1 tsp of the remaining olive oil over each portion. Serve immediatley with a sprinkle of Parmesan.

10 comments:

  1. Kari said...:

    This looks very good. Thank you for the comment on my millet chicken and pasta recipes. I'm looking forward to reading your blog:)

  1. Easy I like!!! So far I've resisted that pasta at Sam's because Pa is not a fan of tomato-y sauce... and alas, it is fattening. But if I ate it on spinach, it would be healthy, right?

  1. That sounds like a very tasty and easy dinner!

    ~Susan

  1. The ravioli looks yummy. Thanks for recommending wheat pastry four for my scones. I have always followed recipe to the T and I don't know the "science" behind ingredients.

  1. Oooh, this looks and sounds yummy! I love spinach. I put it in everything, from soups to pizza topping. Thanks for sharing this.

    Jane

  1. Heidi said...:

    yum, that sounds delicious! Don't you just love pasta, so easy to fix it up with just about anything in the fridge.
    Thanks for visiting, come back soon.
    Have a great weekend!
    Heidi - Heart and Home

  1. Martha said...:

    This looks good -- love easy to fix dishes!

  1. Cathy said...:

    What a perfect sauce to add to premade ravioli. Looks like a very quick, delicious meal.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm happy to find you too.

  1. Karine said...:

    Great way to enjoy ravioli! thanks for sharing:)

  1. Live.Love.Eat said...:

    This looks beautiful. I don't have ravioli enough. I always have fresh spinach on hand so I can see sauteing it in garlic and oil for this.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.