From The Hymnal~Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Saturday, September 25, 2010


It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

Another favorite hymn. This hymn has always really spoke to my heart and I am in awe of the FAITHFULNESS of my Lord and Savior. Our homestead is named Faithfulness Farm because of the message of this hymn.....Morning by morning new mercies I see, All I have needed Thy hand has provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me! If you do not know this wonderful hymn, you'll find it here. Please listen and be blessed!

Great is They Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain



20 comments:

  1. That's one of my very, very favorite hymns and I hum the tune all the time. I think it's my default OCD song in my head. Thank goodness it's this song!

  1. Vintage Girl said...:

    I LOVE this hymn....I'm so happy you are doing "From the Hymnal"...I sure miss the old hymns in church. We still sing some of them, but not enough for my taste ~smile~ Have a beautiful weekend! Heather

  1. Dear Gail,

    This is probably one of my three favorite hymns of all times (the other two being Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art). There is so much great theology and so much revelation of God's character in these songs.

    "Morning by morning new mercies I see..."

    As I continue to grow in the knowledge of the Lord's grace, the profoundity of this statement never ceases to amaze me.

    Thank you for sharing this favorite hymn with us today. I am off to click on the link and visit You Tube now!

    Blessings,
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

  1. Gail~ My very favorite hymn! I love and cherish and believe each and every verse! I have seen this first hand in my life. Praise God for his faithfulness... and the verse from Lamentations!
    AMEN!
    xo Yvonne

  1. I love that hymn. The old hymns have such rich deep theology and truth.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

  1. Oh, I remember this hymn from the time I was in itty bitty girl...and the words are so good and so true. The old hymns have lots of truth in them :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

  1. julieQ said...:

    I love this hymn too...so true in every way.

  1. I love all of the old hymns. While I was reading the words, I was thinking of our choir singing this song. It always moves me to hear it sung by the choir. laurie

  1. Julie Harward said...:

    Love it too...and today we sang "I Believe In Christ"...love that one too! :D

  1. Nancy said...:

    Beautiful hymn and post. Thanks for sharing inspiration. I've always loved the name of your farm~

    Nancy

  1. I've always loved this hymn.

  1. I too am amazed as each new day arrives of the tender sweet mercies our Savior offers to us. Beautiful sentiments throughout. We like Julie sang another one of my favorites, "I believe in Christ' Sunday.
    I am going to love visiting you and some day soon will start posting again:)

  1. Cathy said...:

    A beautiful post, Gail. Just what I needed to read today.

  1. The Scripture and hymn are part of the fabric of my life... So glad you shared it with your readers. We all need to be reminded -- or hear the Good News for the first time.

  1. Ann said...:

    Marla, I thought I was a follower already, well I am now. Thanks for dropping by my VTT post today, I so enjoy hunting for treasures. I love your background and header.
    God Bless
    Ann

  1. Sandy said...:

    I also one who loves the old hymns, you have a wonderful blog, so inspirational. Thanks for visiting, hope we talk again soon.
    Sandy

  1. Pioneer Beauty said...:

    This is such a beautiful Hymn..I have always loved it as well...but to be honest it so hard to say which one is my favorite...Only because there have been some GREAT ones written..that have stood the Test of Time...I also love A Mighty Fortress Is Our God..!! Thank you for sharing it...I keep meaning to ask if those are Old Farm Homes you have taken pictures of and if there in your area...they are beautiful still even today..
    Have a blessed night Gail
    In Christ
    Angelina

  1. Tina G said...:

    One of my favorite Hymns also! I sing it to my grandbabies when I rock them to sleep!
    Thank you for sharing!!! You're such an inspiration!

  1. Carmen said...:

    Love it! I think we have the red hymnal that's in your picture on our piano right now! Blessings! :)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.