Cutting Board Resurfacing

Sunday, November 20, 2011
Have you seen my old wooden cutting board? I have several, but this one is my favorite. Can you tell it gets used A LOT? After seeing it in photos recently, I was EMBARRASSED and knew I needed to take some action and do something about the pitiful condition it was in. With all the chopping that will be going on in my kitchen over the next few days, I am glad to get this workhorse into better shape.

1. Clean your wooden cutting board using dish detergent and hot water to remove any particles.

2. Sanitize your cutting board using a solution consisting of one teaspoon of beach mixed with one quart of water.

3. Air-dry your cutting board until thoroughly dry.


4. Sand the cutting board using 100-180 grit sandpaper until the surface is free of scratches, notches, etc.

5. Finish sanding the cutting board surface with 400-600 grit sandpaper until the surface is smooth to the touch.

6. Clean the cutting board to remove any dust or remaining particles. Oil with board or mineral oil.

Use often and enjoy!!


Posting to Susan's Met Monday at BNOTP