THANKSgiving!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Warning: This blog post is going to be all over the place, lol.

First I want to say that I have had to *turn off* Anonymous comments. I really didn't want to do that but lately the SPAM has been ridiculous.

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday BUT the last few years it has been difficult to figure out just how to celebrate it -- you see it was in November 2007 that my now ex-husband and I separated. That year we spent Thanksgiving with my folks. Then for the next 2 years we were guests at friends. Last year my youngest daughter had a boyfriend commit suicide the week before the holiday and we pretty much decided to just skip it. Originally I had planned to return to my folks home for Thanksgiving this year but that didn't work out with my daughter's pregnancy SO we are celebrating at home. At first I was a little disappointed about that but have really warmed up to the idea that we (my children and I) will be having the holiday at home. My menu is planned, the shopping done and the house is cleaned. I am ready. Tomorrow evening I will be baking the pumpkin cheesecake (look for that recipe on Friday) and on Thursday everyone will lend a hand in making the feast.

So what is on the menu? Roasted Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Green Beans, Mrs. Schmidt's Sweet Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, Pickles & Olives and Rolls -- Dessert will be Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pumpkin Spice Coffee.

I have so much to be thankful for this year -- when counting my blessings, I always count the friendship and encouragement my friends and fellow bloggers provide me with. Happy Thanksgiving.

FYI, I have 2 Gooseberry Patch books coming to me for review in the next couple weeks -- you know what that means -- great recipes and GIVEAWAYS!! Stay tuned!!

15 comments:

  1. jennifer768 said...:

    Sounds like you are going to be having a wonderful Thanksgiving with your kids.I know that the meal sounds delicious.Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!Hugs,Jen

  1. Gail, I like to do different things on holidays. Staying home sounds good to me as I never am able to to (while my MIL is alive we will always go there for Thanksgiving). Your menu sounds great and if the house is clean, the rest (the baking and cooking) sounds enjoyable. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Joni

  1. This is a hard holiday for me this year but I am staying positive and thankful for all my blessings! Enjoy your family and your time together!

  1. Marigene said...:

    Gail, sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving to me...being home with your kids!
    Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving.

  1. Gail, I hope you have the most wonderful Thanksgiving this year, at home with all your great kids! Start some new traditions, create some new lasting memories of good times together. Everything on your menu sounds delicious! Hugs to you!

  1. Sharon said...:

    Gail it sounds like you are where you should be...I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving...

  1. Mecky said...:

    I am so sorry that your Dd had to go through the death of her boyfriend last year. I understand not wanting to do the Holidays after that. We didn't want to celebrate Christmas last year after we lost my DFIL right after Thanksgiving.I hope you and your family has a very nice Thanksgiving this year.

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Gail, enjoy the time with the kids! Pumpkin cheesecake sounds pretty good too:@)

  1. acorn hollow said...:

    Have a wonderful thanksgiving. Really it is about be thankful no matter where you are and lucky you to have so much to be thankful for.
    Cathy

  1. BumbleBeeLane said...:

    Gail~ Thanksgiving at home with loved ones is wonderful.Warmest Blessings!~Amy

  1. Linda Stubbs said...:

    Trusting that this Thanksgiving will be a precious one for you and yours. We also have had hard Thanksgivings. One year it was so bad I put a prayer in my thanksgiving box of decorations. Then when I opened it up a year later, I saw His faithfulness and provisions in my families life!

    Love you precious friend you are one I am thankful for!
    Linda

  1. mikki1205 said...:

    I will be joining you by staying home also with my two adult kids and my 7 year old grandson. Breathe in our bodies, and good health is plenty for us to be thankful for.
    Happy Thanks giving.
    Diane

  1. linda said...:

    Gail, Be blessed this year with a growing faith and peace. Enjoy this special time with your children-they wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Happy Thanksgiving, Gail.
    God tests us in so many ways.
    Many blessings to you, enjoy the day!

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Gail! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with your kids.

    I made your Awesome Rolls yesterday and they are - awesome! Thank you.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.