bon appetit - The Cooking School Issue

Friday, January 18, 2013
I love magazines. Have since I was a teenager working in a local drug store and got to read all the mags on the news stand on breaks. Over the years I have subscribed to about every kind of magazine that there is. A couple years ago I made the decision to allow all my subs to expire. It was a good decision but sometimes I miss flipping thru a new issue and marking what recipes need trying. Last weekend I had a coffee date with a friend at a local shop and she brought me  a little gift -- the latest issue of Bon Appetit -- she GETS me.


Two recipes got my attention right away -- Pan-Roasted Brined Pork Chops and Garlicky Spinach. BOTH were fabulous - I did make the pork chop brine low-carb friendly by skipping the sugar called for in the recipe and using a granulated sweetener in it's place (I used Xylitol). I've included links to the original recipes under each photo. Look for some more recipe reviews from this issue -- there are more I want to try!
Pan-Roasted Brined Pork Chop served w/Parmesan Yellow Squash

Garlicky Spinach

What magazines do you enjoy?