Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Wednesday, December 30, 2009
As I posted yesterday, I am participating in the Freezer/Pantry Challenge at Yvonne’s StoneGable, I am also joining in today at Leslie’s My Country Home’s Whatcha Working On Wednesday. I mention both of these because I am coming to the realization that I need some accountability in some of the projects I have undertook. I could offer some excuses, BUT that is exactly what they are….EXCUSES.

That out of the way, I am a quilter. I love to quilt. I’ve made 2 quilts this year. Not a lot, but a fair number. I usually machine piece and hand quilt. I love hand work. I’ve made many totally hand done quilts…hand pieced and hand quilted. I just love the quietness of handwork. Also, hand piecing is very tote friendly. I can take it along to piano lessons, sports practice and my lunch hour at work. Last December I started a small hand pieced quilt. Not a big job. A total of 16 blocks that measure 10” each. Oh, and I just love the fabrics. Some have been in my stash for years and I was so excited to finally find the right project for them. Shamefaced I have to say that I have completed 9 of the 16 blocks and have done the piecework to assemble the remaining 7 blocks. I want to finish this project. I’m entering my busiest time at work and I know that my time will be limited, BUT I determine that I will have this quilt finished and my deadline…APRIL 15, 2010. I hope to post my progress over the next few weeks and want to be held accountable. And I vow to not start another quilt until this one is done!

So this is my fabrics...



I love this fabric and am not sure how long it's been in my stash.



The rest of the fabrics come from Lynette Jensen's Thimbleberries fabrics. The 2 purples are from the Subtle Solids Collection and the bold gold (don't remember what Thimbleberries collection it is from) will serve as sashing and the backing. I just love the little white flowers in that one. Reminds me of Lily-of-the-valley....one of my favorite flowers.

And my pattern...



Is the Double Cross from Marcia's Quilters Cache. I love free patterns.

And my progress...







So, what are you working on? Do you have any UFO (Unfinished Objects)? Tell me about them (I'll feel much better, lol) and join with me in getting them finished up so we can move on to new projects in the New Year!

14 comments:

  1. cityfarmer said...:

    I'm "working on" staying on the couch today
    haha
    exhausted from 3 days of company, a dog and a cat and cooking and dishes for all (no dishwahser in this old farmhouse)

    thanks for the chat
    I want you on my sidebar!!
    have a blessed new years

  1. Jeanette said...:

    You quilt is so pretty. I am digging in my panty/freezer also. I need to post it but am too tired, uh, lazy! LOL

  1. fiberdoodles said...:

    The fabric and blocks are so lovely. I can't wait to see the finished result!

  1. Lori E said...:

    Quilting is the one project I don't have hanging around. I have so many Father Christmas cross stitch kits to do but I need new glasses so I can see what I am doing. One of them is about 90% finished and has been for 3 years. Oh the shame of it all.
    I have tole painting projects. I have messy closets. I have many papers to be shredded. I have bath bombs to make. Shall I go on or are you feeling a little better now?

  1. Leslie said...:

    The quilt is coming along nicely! I see those and it makes me want to quilt so badly but as I said, I have yet to do more than think about it. Okay, I have looked at patterns but can't commit and I have even started to pick up fabrics but then put them back...again I can't commit! I must work on that and get to it. I know if I started, I would finish it and if I don't ever try, I'll never know how it will go...

    Have a Happy New Year!

    Leslie

  1. AWESOME!!! I love to quilt, but I don't same to have the time. I love all the colors in your fabrics.
    I have given you an AWARD!!! come by and visit so you can receive it.
    Geri

  1. Your quilt is going to be beautiful, Mrs. P!!! I love the colors. I don't quilt so I think anyone that can and does is a genius!! I have a lot of little projects...I promised my husband I would make a floral arrangement under a cloche for him...I have everything, I am just avoiding it. I started a sampler before Christmas and since I didn't finish it on time, it will probably sit until next Christmas! I have little cleaning projects and big ones, hate all of them! And I am to begin sewing lessons after the holiday and I hope that I am as committed to that as I want to be.

    Are you sorry you asked?? ;-)

    xoxo
    Janie

  1. Sherrie said...:

    Hi!
    Your Quilt is going to be gorgous!! I like hand work too, but I do needle turn applique. I get really frustrated when my seams don't match when I piece. I also hand quilt. Not as much as I would like as my eye sight isn't what it used to be. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

    Sherrie
    A View of My Life

  1. Mrs. P~ Thanks for the shout out! And I am very good at collecting UFO's. I rug hook and have a chair cover for my vanity chair that I am going to try to finish.
    Thanks for the encouragement. You are a wonderful and inspiring friend!
    Yvonne

  1. Wendy said...:

    I can't wait to tell my mom about your site. she bought a new sewing machine last year and took a quilting class! She has been making some small things...getting ready for the big quilt! Can't wait for her to see your post.
    Thank you :)

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Your quilt is lovely! I look forward to seeing it finished! Feel the pressure??:)

    I have so many UFO's , myself being the largest!
    Many blessing to you in the new year...good health!

  1. I have so many ufo's it's not funny. (I posted about them a month or so ago.) I really need to buckle down and complete a few things. I'm aiming for February, right after get my taxes and fafsa's finished for the year.)

  1. I love your quilt in progress. The colors are so soothing and beautiful. My mil used to quilt and I have so many from her. I really treasure them. Can't wait to see the finished piece!
    Happy, Happy New Year!
    Debra

  1. Lynn said...:

    Beautiful quilt blocks! It will be lovely when you're done. I've been doing a little quilting the last couple years, mostly machine-sewn scrap quilts. I've given a couple away as baby gifts, and I made one for my son of his high school marching band t-shirts -- he loved it :) Last year I started a crazy quilt from some of my scraps. The top is all done, and I got about 1/3 of the way done with the quilting when I realized I had just stalled. So I finally put it all away a couple months ago, and hope to get it back out and finish it sometime this year.

    I love your blog, by the way! This is my first time visiting. I'm a Sugar Pie Sister, too :) It's good to meet you.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.