Bacon & Cheese Muffins

Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I enjoy baking muffins and besides corn muffins don't have many savory versions that I make...I'm correcting that. Savory muffins are perfect on the side of soup and/or salad suppers and since muffins are technically quick-breads, no real effort to make and take a simple supper to a new level.

Bacon & Cheese Muffins
(Printable Version)

1 cup Cheese Flavored Crackers
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbs butter, melted and cooled
3 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained and minced
1/2 cup sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar

Crush crackers into fine crumbs. Stir milk into crumbs and let stand 10 minutes. Add egg, butter and bacon, beating well. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; stir into first mixture until just moistened. Add cheese and lightly mix in. Do not beat or over mix. Divide into 6 large muffin tins oiled on bottom only. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 25 minutes, or until well risen, browning and shrinking from sides. Remove from tins and serve hot.

Posting to Gooseberry Patch's first Recipe Roundup, Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday and Michael's Foodie Friday.

17 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh yummy! I can't wait to try this.

  1. FABBY'S LIVING said...:

    Great recipe! I just copied, it looks great for a Tea Party as a salty treat instead of little sandwichs. Thank you so much, it looks wonderful Gail.
    XO
    FABBY

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Interesting! And I have every thing on hand. You always make me hungry when I visit!

  1. I know we would love these and it's nice to have a savory muffin recipe. Thank you!
    Donna

  1. Kim McCallie said...:

    This looks great, Gail. You are the bread queen!!!

  1. Miz Helen said...:

    Hi Gail,
    These Muffins look awesome. I printed the recipe and I can't wait to try them. Thank you for sharing and you have a great day!

  1. Debbie said...:

    Without a doubt, I WILL be trying these. I think I'll wait until my girls come home from college first.

  1. christyd said...:

    These sound so good! I wonder if I could use my homemade cheese crackers in these. Yum! Thank you for sharing this recipe.

  1. Your muffins look delectable! Iam anxious to try them. Thanks so much.

  1. Amy said...:

    Oh my...these muffins sound out of this world delicious! Who doesn't like bacon in their muffins? With the cheese too? What a perfect combination!

    Amy
    http://utry.it

  1. Brenda said...:

    Oh wow, do these ever sound delicious. I don't make savoury muffins enough either. You're right, perfect with a bowl of soup!

  1. Emelia DiCarlo said...:

    Hi Gail, love your blog and these muffins look great. I use to make cheese muffins and these look similar. Thank you and have a great day.

  1. Barb said...:

    I love savory muffins and these look fantastic - I'm going to try them!

  1. Meredith said...:

    yum...what's not to love...bacon and cheese! they look so good!

  1. Miz Helen said...:

    Hi Gail,
    It is so good to see you here. I am excited that you brought those yummy Bacon & Cheese Muffins. I have the recipe and will be trying them Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

  1. OMGG! Don't worry - that stands for Oh My Goodness Gracious! Those look so scrumpdilyiscious! (I have no idea if that is spelled correctly - or even if it is a word.) If I show this recipe to my husband and then bake them for him - well - I know he would die a happy man. Thanks for sharing what looks like a great recipe!

  1. Mary Ann said...:

    I just found your sweet blog today! I copied down that wonderful sounding recipe.

    Please stop by my blog. My blog giveaway is in full swing. Please be sure and enter by April 8th to win a $50.00 gift certificate! Here is the link"

    Handcrafted by Mary Ann Miller

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.