From The Hymnal ~ In The Garden

Sunday, March 20, 2011
Last night I was chatting with a very special friend - I was telling this friend about all my favorite flowers - violets (that represent faithfulness), roses, lilacs, and my list goes on and on. After that conversation, I found myself humming this hymn.....I love this hymn. It has always been one of my favorites but just like flowers, I don't have just one favorite! Happy first day of spring!!

In The Garden

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

Refrain

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Refrain

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Refrain


You can turn off the blog music at the bottom of the page.

7 comments:

  1. Linda Stubbs said...:

    This was my momma's very very favorite song. Ir reminds me of her when she would sing it. She is now in a nursing home. I miss her. I think she knows me.....it's just that I want to talk and such.

    Thank you so for coming over! You are such a sweetie!
    Hugs and Happy Spring Day to you!
    Linda

  1. Marie Anne said...:

    Beautiful choice to announce Spring is here!

  1. This has always been my mother in love's favorite hymn. She is 90 years old and still loves the old hymns.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

  1. LDH said...:

    I love this hymn... and feeling so close to God as I view His creation of beautiful flowers.

  1. Carol said...:

    This is a hymn I remember from my childhood. I still sing it!

  1. Debbie said...:

    I can't sing that hymn without hearing the voice of my wonderful grandmother. I picture her doing her ironing while singing that song.

    I think it's one of the most beautiful ever written.

  1. Shug said...:

    Very fitting song for me to hear today...Have attended two funerals of some very special people...I apologize for not having the time these past few days to get to everyones post...
    Hope to catch up tonight...
    Thanks to everyone for their prayers.

    Love this song....
    Shug

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.