Chat-Chat and All That!!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

GOOD MORNING to ALL my Bloggy Friends!

Yesterday was Administrative Professional’s Day – otherwise known as Secretary’s Day. Belated greetings to the other Admin Pro’s out there. Maybe I AM old, but I still call myself a Secretary – when did that become a derogatory moniker? Working in the world of accounting and tax prep, the *holiday* comes at a very GOOD time for me and the other secretary in our office – all the hard work we put in during tax season is fresh in everyone’s memory and we SCORE the gifts, lol. Now usually I am NOT the send flowers from the florist kind of gal (being more the go to the nursery and bring me a tree or bush or such kind of gal), BUT I admit to always enjoying the lovely flowers that adorn my desk because of Administrative Professional’s Day.

Speaking of tax season – WHEW – so glad that is over for another year!! I have used my *extra* time since putting my little nest back together – fluffing and more fluffing! Last weekend my daughters helped me put on a garage sale. I was able to downsize quite a lot and remember me telling you that Easter dinner would probably be the last family gathering around my dining room table – it was. It now belongs to a nice family with lots of little children and will make new family gathering memories. I have some work to do on my little farm table and then I will be bringing it in and will do a BIG reveal.

Something else new, I have taken on a SECOND job! I tried this a few years ago when I first separated from my now ex-husband. It really didn’t work out but I still had teens at home then and it was a set scheduling situation…..this position is much more flexible and will easily fit into my empty-nester lifestyle – I hope, lol. It will help me pay off that new car quickly – speaking of which, the deer damage is now but a memory!

Vacation is coming up and that means so is my 10K – YIKES!! More about that later.

We continue with our weird weather year – very unseasonably warm. I spoke with my friend the farmer last night and he said he was planting his last field of corn – IT’S STILL APRIL! I have so far resisted the urge to get out and plant my annuals – although I have been itching to get at it!

Usually I stop writing when I am done with what is new or what I have to talk about – well, I could go on and on (didn’t even mention the grandbaby, lol), BUT will save some back for later.

One more thought, I received an email yesterday from my friends at Gooseberry Patch -- I have not 1 BUT TWO new books on their way to me for review -- that means LOTS of new recipes and giveaways!! Look for those SOON!


I’ve missed blogging and my blogging friends! Be Blessed Friends!!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been really busy! I can't wait to see the new pared down version of your little farmhouse, and your new table.

  1. I hope it works out with the second job. Hopefully it will give you enough earnings so you can put some in savings, but that's just me and my practical side talking ;) :) :)

    Oh, the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks sound lovely. They always do a nice job with their cookbooks. I'm looking forward to your reviews :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    You deserve flowers and more I am sure. Good news about second flexible job. hugs, olive

  1. Gail
    I was glad to catch up on what's been happening with you! I bet you are sighing with relief that tax season is over!
    I look forward to seeing your 'new' table soon.

  1. Debbie said...:

    I actually am a fresh cut flowers kind of gal so I love yours. I love the sentiment behind them even more. For you at your type of business more than most, this special day couldn't come at a better time.

    What nice news about the second job. I would love a first one since I didn't teach this year.

  1. Shug said...:

    Glad your boss appreciates you enough to remember this special day...it is very nice to be thought of in such a sweet way...
    Hope you take time for yourself as well..Hope all works out well with your new second job..
    hugs

  1. Gail, I am excited to see the new farm table. It will be all ready to make new memories!

    Could you possibly be any busier? I love your attitude!
    xo

  1. Lynnie S said...:

    Wow, yes, I have been missing you. So nice to read a post from you this morn. I too have found myself a bit busy to sit and peruse my fav blogs or even compose a post! Hugs from the Emerald Coast!

  1. Congratulations on the new job and for tax time being over!

    Way to early to put out annuals here but I'm itching to get out there too. Around the middle of May is more likely. It's been cold here the latter part of April!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.