Low Carb Living ~ Twice-Baked Cauliflower

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I admit that cauliflower is one of my favorite low-carb vegetables. Mostly because you can do so many things with it. Before converting to a low-carb lifestyle, I rarely cooked it -- all those years I missed out on all this goodness!! My daughter declared that this is as good as potatoes -- well, YES it is :)


Twice-Baked Cauliflower
(Printable Version)

1 large head cauliflower
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked until very crisp, and then crumbled
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher to desired consistency. Mix in cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon. Spread evenly in a medium-sized glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serves 6.

Net carbs per serving - 6

Posting to Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm -- she is giving away a Kitchen Aid Mixer so scoot over and enter in!

12 comments:

  1. Debbie said...:

    Apparently, I'm recipe stalking. I had remembered you were going to share this so when I saw a new post from you, I made a beeline. I will definitely be trying this one.

  1. This sounds great, I haven't had cauliflower in a long time-gotta correct that:@)

  1. Judee said...:

    I'm into cauliflower because it tastes so good and can fool me in so many recipes . Love that it's low carb! Great recipe! I am now following you and would love a follow back at www.glutenfreematters.com

  1. FABBY'S LIVING said...:

    Uh, I like this coliflour, sounds great! I just lost 17 lbs. since January 2012, 5 lbs. a month with lots of cooked veggies, which I love and cooked meats, steamed fish and just no flours, NO CARBS of any kind, and no sweets. Even though I cheated a couple of times, I still llost weight. I want to lose 10 more and be very skinny, I'm not tall..5'3. Thanks for the recipe and lovely visit too. Enjoy your weekend Gail.
    FABBY

  1. LDH said...:

    This looks delicious! I know it would be something I would enjoy :)

  1. Love cauliflower too. And this looks so yummy. We're trying to convert over to mainly vegetables and fruits and everything organic. My husband has cancer and it seems to make a big difference. The Dr. is amazed. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe.

    Nann

  1. Huge fan of cauliflower! The bacon and cheese would be a big attraction for my husband too :)

    Sounds delicious!

  1. Shannon said...:

    I am definitely going to try this recipe. Can't wait to try it out. Looks yummy!

  1. Shannon said...:

    I can't wait to try this recipe! Looks yummy!!

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Hi Gail!
    Haven't visited in awhile! I am all caught up now. I bet you are relieved tax season is over!
    Cauliflower is one of the few veggies I like! This looks delicious.
    Sorry about the car, and good luck with the marathon!

  1. I was here the other day, copied the recipe, and decided to try it out --- using all low fat ingredients. It was sooooo good!!!!! I used the low fat cream cheese, reduced fat sour cream, and the low fat chedder. This is definitely a keeper!!!! Thanks so very much!

  1. RiverBend Farm said...:

    that looks delicious! gotta try it.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.