Oh, My DEER!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Life is interesting -- and sometimes complicated. I planned on posting this morning but this wasn't the post I had planned (I'll post that one tomorrow). This morning started out very ordinary - if the week before IRS deadline can be ordinary - it didn't take long for it to make a twist and things changed up completely. While driving into work on the highway at 65 mph, I was hit by a deer. LOTS to be thankful for -- it was early and traffic was light - the deer hit the driver's side of the car and really could have caused damaged to me and didn't - I didn't see it coming so didn't have time to do something dumb, like swerve - INSURANCE (including my sweet agent who talked me into the $500 deductible instead of the $1,000 when I purchased the car) - although the car is damaged, I was still able to drive it - a client who owns a body shop and got my car right in for the estimate (not to mention dropped me back to work when I took him the car and will deliver it back to me when he is done with the estimate). What do you have to be thankful for today?

14 comments:

  1. LDH said...:

    So happy that you were not hurt in this accident!!!

  1. Marigene said...:

    Wow, that's one way to get your eyes opened early, and not in a good way, either. Happy to hear you weren't injured, Gail.

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    Thankful you are unharmed. I always hit the deer as we are over run with them here. So many people get killed by running off the road.

  1. I am so glad you are okay. My brother totalled a car hitting a dear once and was injured himself. So glad you walked away and just the car suffered. Scary though I am sure.

  1. Pam said...:

    Oh, no. That would be scary. Thankfully I have never had that happen to me yet. Glad you weren't hurt and tax season can go on!

  1. Sorry to hear about your car but I'm glad you're ok Gail!

  1. I'm glad you are okay, Gail...it must have been frightening. I always worry about hitting a deer when I am up at the lake. They are not shy. Take care.

    XO,
    Jane

  1. Shug said...:

    Oh wow...Glad you were not hurt in any way. The deer seem to love my son-in-law. I know he has had at least three deer, hit his truck over the past 4 years.
    These things can cause a lot of damage...

    hugs,
    Shug

  1. Debbie said...:

    Since there is one very long deer infested roadway between me and every place I want to be, I can relate to this very well. One Christmas evening, we hit not one but TWO large bucks. (Don't worry. Neither one had a red nose.)

    I'm so glad you're OK and that you were talked into the lower deductible. I do NOT like deer infested roads.

  1. I'm so glad you are OK!! Poor deer though.
    A few years ago my sister in law was driving to our house to pick up her 3 kids, and a deer ran out and hit her van... it's legs went through the windows where the kids would have been sitting if they had been in the car. We were so grateful the children were not in the car at the time.

  1. farmlady said...:

    So glad you're OK. I've heard horror stories about Car/Deer accidents. You are very lucky.

  1. Oh my goodness, you are so lucky! I've heard so many stories that didn't turn out as well.

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter and yes, you have a lot to be thankful for. I feel very thankful every day for so many reasons.

  1. You are so lucky and have so much to be thankful for! I have heard so many stories that haven't turned out as well. I'm thankful every day for so many reasons!

    Hope you had a wonderful, Easter, Gail!

  1. Denise said...:

    When we were teenagers my dad was driving us somewhere and a deer ran into us. We laugh now because all we can remember was the deer snot on the window. It wasn't so funny then though. Glad you are OK!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.