The Sounds of the Times!

Monday, July 2, 2012

HAPPY MONDAY and Happy July!! I thought I'd tell you a little about the sounds of my weekend.
Now to qualify what I am going to write next -- I grew up in Southern CA where fireworks, except for licensed, public displays, are outlawed. Way too much of a risk of fires. As a child I never set off fireworks and am as far away from being a piromaniac as you can get since I don't even like striking matches, lol.

The last few night have been LOUD in our area -- lots of fireworks action. It will all come to an end on the 4th -- until then, I keep thinking I am hearing the sounds of war. Do you set off your own fireworks or enjoy a display in your community?

My company arrived late last week and we have been having a time just visiting and enjoying each other's company. Over the weekend I got to go with my Dad on 2 LONG walks -- such great talks happen on walks....especially LONG ones. I love the sound of my Dad's voice -- I hope I can remember what that sounds like forever!
Flatwater Music Festival 2012
On Saturday we ventured out to enjoy the Flatwater Music Festival. What a nice time that was -- perfect evening too -- weather was lovely and enough of a breeze to keep the skeeters away.

Gigi and Gabe at Flatwater Music Festival ~ Hastings, NE
We enjoyed some great Bluegrass, Folk and Old-Timey Country & Gospel music by a variety of different bands. There were also local crafters and artists that had their wares for sale.


Aren't these wind chimes just lovely? You would not believe what a lovely, tinkling sound they made.


As I sat with my grandbaby on my lap and my 2 grown daughters to my left and my Dad and Mom to my right, I couldn't help but think what a blessed woman I am!

11 comments:

  1. Shug said...:

    I see so many wonderful blessings, wrapped up right here in this post...Family is so important, and it is especially nice when your parents are still with you. I'm so happy that this has been a weekend that has earned a place in your memory book...Enjoy!

  1. BumbleBeeLane said...:

    The festival with family sounds wonderful.Boy Gabe is getting big.Cutie..Yes you are blessed..smile..I like seeing the fireworks in public.I hate being woke up by them in the neighborhood.Warm Blessings!~Amy

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    I grew up in S.C. where fireworks are legal. I was slightly scared of those big rockets most of my young life. You are indeed blessed my friend. God restores doesn't he? xoxo, O

  1. Lynnie S said...:

    Blessed indeed. Such days are truly dreamy! So glad you had this time. May you have many many more days just like this one!

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend Gail! Enjoy your company and Happy 4th of July Week:@)

  1. kitty said...:

    What a wonderful weekend, Gail. That little Gabe is a cool baby!!! Happy 4th and enjoy your company.

  1. Amish Stories said...:

    Happy July 4 folks. Richard

  1. cindy said...:

    Look at little Gabe. What a sweetheart.

    Cindy

  1. Gail said...:

    Sounds like you're having a wonderful time with your family! I too feel blessed and thank God everyday for that. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July, Gail

  1. We used to set off some small fireworks many years ago. I'm old and smarter now. ;) I hope you have a fun and safe 4th!

    ...and that little Gabe...awww he is such a handsome little man. :)

  1. Have a Happy 4th, Gail! I feel blessed just like you :)

    We used to set off fireworks over the lake when my parents had a cottage in northern Wisconsin - that was years ago.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.