Taking Tea

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Image: Flickr
Good Morning!

I just loved the above image when I came across it on Pinterest....doesn't she look like she is having such a great time. I LOVE surrounding myself with these kinds of people - JOYFUL!!

So pull yourself up a chair and pour yourself some tea, hot or iced -- I am going to prattle for a bit.  I thought I would answer some of the email questions that I have been asked recently.

Have you made your 100lb weight loss?

I did. Thank you for asking. Back in April I finally crossed that line -- it isn't the finish for me. I am about 12-13 pounds away from the magical number I weighed on my high school graduation day. I am pretty sure I can get there - I'd like to set the goal of getting there before my 52nd birthday in mid-September BUT will be happy to get there whenever I do. Thank you all for the encouragement you give to me!!

How was your company?

We had a lovely visit. My Mom and Dad (in their 70's) are both in good health and enjoy traveling - I hope they will be back this way soon. They will be headed to spend Labor Day camping with my youngest sister in California. I am planning a quick trip to Arizona in early November - a good time to visit Arizona!

My Minnesota company wasn't company at all but #1 son and his visit wasn't a visit either -- he has moved to NEBRASKA and currently is camping out in my basement until he finds a place. I now have all 4 of my kids close -- I am a super blessed Momma!

How is Baby Gabe?

Well, that boy is my joy! Can you believe he will be 6 months old this month?! He has cut his first tooth (on the 4th of July), is rolling everywhere and attempting to get up on his hands and knees -- watch out, lol! He is a bitty boy, weighing in the 25th percentile and not even on the charts for height -- he takes after his Gigi -- a little shorty!

How are you doing working a 2nd job?/Are you still Fiscal Fasting?

Working a second job has been an adjustment but I feel quite blessed with this arrangement. My weekdays are pretty rushed and mostly work-oriented but I have my weekends free and through the summer months take Thursday's off too. I am still taking the last week of the month and declaring it a NO-SPEND time. Living frugally is my nature and it isn't a hardship and makes me more accountable for the spending I do the rest of the month. I haven't written more about it because, well, no spending is somewhat BORING, lol. I am working on a couple posts though that will fit into Frugal Living. Look for those soon.

How are you adjusting to life after the divorce?/Do you date?

Well, I think I've adjusted well. My marriage was broken for a very long time and I had been separated for a long time too....in many ways, there wasn't much of an adjustment to make -- I'd been adjusting all along. I did get a call this week from a friend who also has gone thru a divorce. She was very sad that her ex-husband had recently remarried and was surprised by her own reaction. I guess like any other grieving process, you find yourself going backwards sometimes. About a year ago a friend recommended DivorceCare. He found it very helpful when his marriage ended - I did too. I recommended it to my friend and I hope it is encouraging to her also. As far as dating is concerned, well, that has to be up to the Lord. Right now my time has a lot of demands on it. I did date a little but found it to be pretty much a disaster, lol....better to leave that in the Lord's hands. Maybe someday :)

Thank you for your sweet comments and emails and always offering me friendship and encouragement. I try to answer each email and Facebook message personally but I do find myself behind at times. If I haven't answered, please email me again. God Bless You :)












12 comments:

  1. Gail you are a sweet heart and an inspiration. Life is hard and you have just taken it by the reigns. God Bless you.

  1. This is a wonderful post...the changes you have made are all positive. Life is good!

    XO,
    Jane

  1. BumbleBeeLane said...:

    Good to hear such a uplifting update.You go girl..smile..Warm Blessings!~Amy

  1. 100 lbs? how wonderful, you should be so proud! You're so much healthier, xoxo Jean

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    I am so impressed with your weight loss Gail. Well done my friend. God is so good in the highs and lows of our lives.

  1. Shug said...:

    What an achievement to have loss this much weight...Huge Kuddos goes out to you! I love your positive outlook on life....Happy that life is good!

    Many sweet Blessings.
    Shug

  1. Cathy said...:

    I don't even know how to put into words the admiration I have for you and your amazing achievement, Gail. How wonderful to have your family close to you again. That little Gabe is adorable!

  1. Carol said...:

    Gail,
    What an enjoyable post! Good to catch up on what is going on.
    It is so helpful to have a support system like DivorceCare when going through divorce. I know it sure helped me!
    I am frugal too...or as Mister says, a "skinflint". So I personally find not spending fascinating! I am sure I am not alone!

  1. LDH said...:

    Such great accomplishments and happy times in this post! Nice to have up-dates :)

  1. Sweet Tea said...:

    What a lot of life changes you have had.
    Congrat's on the 100 lbs weight loss. That is MAJOR!! I am happy for you. I wish you well as you continue on this new season of your life.

  1. kitty said...:

    Thank you for the updates on your life, Gail. It sounds like you are doing well and are very blessed with your children close by. Life certainly has its ups and downs, but with your positive outlook, goodness does prevail. Yea for your 100 lb weight loss! What an accomplishment that is.

  1. Gail, it sounds like you are in a really good place: Healthy, happily living near your children, a grandma, gainfully employed, and trusting in the Lord for everything.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.