Low-Carb Pancakes

Monday, December 10, 2012
Pancakes and low-carb do not seem to go together. I had seen Maria's recipe a while back but didn't even consider making them. Mostly because I am not much of a pancake fan.



Fast forward to Saturday morning and I had a little overnight guest who really enjoys his breakfast. I decided to go ahead and give Maria's recipe a try. I doubled the recipe and added some flaxseed meal to give them some fiber. Gabe loved his pancakes and then #2 daughter walked thru the back door and she wanted pancakes, then #1 son was awakened by all the brewhaha in the kitchen and he wanted pancakes -- by the time I got to making me some there was only enough batter for 2 little bitty ones. They were so very yummy. I used a new to me product - Waldon Farms Pancake Syrup which has no calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars of any kind -- and it was pretty tasty too. I think I'll be making pancakes again soon.

Cream Cheese Pancakes
Makes approximately eight 6-inch pancakes

4 oz cream cheese
4 eggs
10-15 drops stevia to go
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp flaxseed meal

Place all ingredients in cup of blender. Blend until smooth. Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter. Cook for approximately 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with sugar free syrup (or any syrup of your choice) and fresh berries.