Crack Slaw

Saturday, December 22, 2012
Yes, that is the name of the recipe and now I know why. I have been familiar with this recipe for some time -- didn't ever make it until last week -- have made it 3 (yes, that says THREE) times in the last week. It is addictive!!

I will say that each time I have made this recipe I have tweaked it a bit. The last time I made it, I think I had perfection. I am posting the recipe but for my tweak, skip the cabbage and add a bag of broccoli slaw. Either way it is simple, delicious and quite addicting.

Buffalo Crack Slaw

1 pound ground beef
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1.5 pound cabbage
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Splenda, (or liquid sweetener equivalent)
1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed (optional)
Makes 6 Servings.

Nutrition Info per serving:
267 Calories, 19.8g Fat, 7.7g Total Carbs (3g Fiber) , 15g Protein




8 comments:

  1. I just printed the recipe to try after we get back home from our trip to see the girls for Christmas. Our big 6'4" son in law will be here with us at home for a week so I'm already thinking about recipes to keep him full.

    Wishing you a wonderful, wonderful Christmas and thank you for all the years of inspiring us with your wonderful recipes. xoxo

  1. Sounds like comfort food without any of the carbs. I'll have to give this one a try after we get through the holidays.

  1. Balisha said...:

    This sounds so good. I'll have to try it after Christmas. I like the broccoli slaw mix...so I may use that.
    Merry Christmas,
    Balisha

  1. Marigene said...:

    Gail, that looks delicious...I think I might have to add some celery to it, though.
    Wishing you the Merriest Christmas ever!

  1. kitty said...:

    I know I'll be making this soon, Gail, as I eat a salad everyday for lunch. I can't wait to try it, but I do need to get some broccoli slaw. Hmm I do have a cabbage in the fridge! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

  1. Gail
    I just copied this to try, but I'm curious about what the serving size is for the 267 calories? It sure sounds good.

  1. mrschumbly said...:

    I am not a fan of "cooked" cabbage but love it raw, I am wondering if you could make it with raw cabbage ?

  1. mrschumbly said...:

    I am not a fan of "cooked" cabbage, and was wondering if anyone has tried it with raw cabbage ?

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.