Making a list ....

Friday, December 28, 2012

and checking it twice. No, Santa isn't coming again. I am making a list of some of the low-carb goodies I've recently seen and am wanting to try. A 4-day weekend with lots of wintery weather will be perfect timing for trying some new recipes and putting some goodies in the freezer.


I want to say that as much as I enjoy coming up with new recipes and trying them out, I also love trying what everyone else is baking too. There really are some terrific bakers in the world of low-carb and gluten-free foods.

FIRST on my list is Carolyn's Cinnamon Roll Scones.
Cinnamon Roll Scones from All Day I Dream About Food

I love scones and this one has been on my *to-try* list for a long time. I am finally going to get around to making them -- Saturday morning breakfast/brunch I am thinking.

Another long-time on my list is Candice’s Low-Carb Garlic Herb Drop Biscuits.
Candice's Low Carb Garlic Herb Drop Biscuits from Your Lighter Side
Candice used to write the most incredible blog -- she is the LC baking QUEEN but alas, she blogs no more. The good news is she has granted Jamie at Your Lighter Side permission to re-blog some of her recipes. Any recipe from Jamie's blog that is credited to Candice is going to be AWESOME!! These little yummies are going to be served on the side of a big pot of soup (kind yet to be determined).

At some point over the long weekend it is my plan to make pizza. Usually I do that crustless and while I like the crustless variety, I am very intrigued by Maria's recipe.
Amazing Pizza by Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal
Since starting my low-carb journey I have seen several recipes for pizza crust -- including one made from cauliflower (yes, a cauliflower crust, lol) and none have tempted me to try them UNTIL this version. Can hardly wait!!

Last up is Carolyn's Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti.

All Day I Dream of Food - Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
These are on my list for several reasons -- chocolate/hazelnut is a favorite combo of mine, I recently found Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Flour at our local HyVee store AND well, I think I am a Carolyn stalker -- she blogs the most amazing baked goods and has really been an encouragement to me getting back to baking -- the low-carb, gluten-free way. These are going to be FABULOUS coffee treats.

What do you have planned for the long weekend? Any baking? Wishing HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!