Tea Time Magazine

Saturday, June 19, 2010
I am a magazine nut. I really enjoy them. I think it stems from my first real job. I worked for a chain drug store with a LARGE magazine rack. On our breaks we were allowed to read the magazines as long as we were careful and didn't crease or soil the pages. Over the years, I've enjoyed many kinds of magazines...cooking, gardening, quilting, etc., One of my current favorites is Tea Time.

I sat down last week to go thru my newest issue (with a lovely cuppa, of course) and what do I see.

As I open the cover, there is MY cup of tea. Well, not exactly, that cup is from a set of Royal Crown Darby, but the styling is just the same as my Coronation by Tradition.

I picked these cups up a few months ago at a thrift store. I almost passed on them.

Not because I didn't like them, but because there were only 3 of them. I tend to *hunt* for things in multiples of 2. Just makes it easier for entertaining but in the end, I liked them so well, I broke my own rule and purchased all 3 of them.

Each and every piece of the of the Royal Crown Darby in the magazine is exquisite. I see the prices it list for though and am pretty contented with my little service for 3 (and my total investment of $3.75).

Speaking of exquisite, you have to check out the tea treats in this article. I will be trying Macadamia Sugar Cookies very, very soon!

Last weeks post with my thrifty silver inspired me to get the Silver Polish (Wright's cream) out. I even polished up my favorite tea spoons.

I bought these years ago at an Estate Sale. They are by Alvin and I have no idea what the pattern name is but I think they are sweet and love using them for tea (I have 6 of them).

Macadamia Sugar Cookies

Makes 2 dozen cookies

1 cup plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
2 cups chopped white chocolate, melted

1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add macadamia nuts, stirring to combine. Cover and freeze until dough is firm, approximately 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
5. Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into portions. Use hands to roll dough portions into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake until edges are light brown, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate. Place on wire racks to dry.

Posting to Lady Kathrine's Tea Time Tuesday and Lisa's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.