Tea Time Magazine

Saturday, June 19, 2010
I am a magazine nut. I really enjoy them. I think it stems from my first real job. I worked for a chain drug store with a LARGE magazine rack. On our breaks we were allowed to read the magazines as long as we were careful and didn't crease or soil the pages. Over the years, I've enjoyed many kinds of magazines...cooking, gardening, quilting, etc., One of my current favorites is Tea Time.

I sat down last week to go thru my newest issue (with a lovely cuppa, of course) and what do I see.

As I open the cover, there is MY cup of tea. Well, not exactly, that cup is from a set of Royal Crown Darby, but the styling is just the same as my Coronation by Tradition.

I picked these cups up a few months ago at a thrift store. I almost passed on them.

Not because I didn't like them, but because there were only 3 of them. I tend to *hunt* for things in multiples of 2. Just makes it easier for entertaining but in the end, I liked them so well, I broke my own rule and purchased all 3 of them.

Each and every piece of the of the Royal Crown Darby in the magazine is exquisite. I see the prices it list for though and am pretty contented with my little service for 3 (and my total investment of $3.75).

Speaking of exquisite, you have to check out the tea treats in this article. I will be trying Macadamia Sugar Cookies very, very soon!

Last weeks post with my thrifty silver inspired me to get the Silver Polish (Wright's cream) out. I even polished up my favorite tea spoons.

I bought these years ago at an Estate Sale. They are by Alvin and I have no idea what the pattern name is but I think they are sweet and love using them for tea (I have 6 of them).

Macadamia Sugar Cookies

Makes 2 dozen cookies

1 cup plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
2 cups chopped white chocolate, melted

1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add macadamia nuts, stirring to combine. Cover and freeze until dough is firm, approximately 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
5. Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into portions. Use hands to roll dough portions into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake until edges are light brown, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate. Place on wire racks to dry.

Posting to Lady Kathrine's Tea Time Tuesday and Lisa's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.




22 comments:

  1. Cindy said...:

    This is my favorite cookie..thank you for posting the recipe!! I can't wait to try it!

    You did good with the tea cups.

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

  1. Julie Harward said...:

    I love your pretty tea cups...and this recipe, looks real good, thanks. Come say hi :D

  1. The cups and saucers are so pretty, good thing you bought them all.
    I have a confession to make as well - worked in a grocery store with a huge magazine rack and literally poured over all the gardening issues. Since I retired, I've been in withdrawl until I get my monthly subscriptions but I'm cutting back on them.
    I'll have to look for a place to hang out and go through their magazines. :-)

  1. Lynnie said...:

    Just beautiful! I love to collect tea cups as well and use them to sit with friends over a cup of tea. Tomorrow I am going to a sweet tea house with my 70 year old friend! I can hardly wait! I will be blogging about it soon!

  1. The tea cups are beautiful. I have never heard of the magazine, but it looks good. I will have to look for it and I definitely will try these delicious sounding cookies!!

    xoxo
    Janie

  1. Debbie said...:

    I love magazines too! I think that's why I am so attracted to blogland. Blogs mimic the style of magazines.

    I love those tea cups and am glad that you snapped them up even without a multiple of 2. I am much the same way. I tend to like FOUR, but with the nest getting empty, 2 will suffice.

    Love the recipe. It's something I would like to try.

  1. What a lovely post! Aren't you glad you bought the three tea cups, just beautiful!! I have the new Tea Time magazine and would like to try the cookies, as well as many other recipes!

    Katherine

  1. Gail I love that magazine and get it all the time...Your tea cups are just lovely girl and the price is like WOW!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  1. Tea Time has been one of my favorites for years....so many wonderful magazines indeed, not near enough time to drink tea and look at them all.

  1. Bella said...:

    Hi Gail, Such pretty cups and what a great deal! I am addicted to magazines too! I have never seen Tea Time, but will now be on the look out:-)
    Bella

  1. The tea cup in the magazine is VERY similar to your thrifted teacups!! How fun! :-) I love the Tea Time magazine too.

  1. HOPE said...:

    Hi Gail..I am new to your blog...and I LOVE tea mag and anything that has to do with TEA. My husband actually purchased a tea set for me that was featured in Tea Mag. A white Basket version...Nantucket design by Wedgewood.

    I will have to come back and have a cuppa with you!

    I have tried many recipes in the mag also..

    Blessings to you..
    HOPE

  1. paperbutterfly said...:

    That was a great buy. Who knows you may have tea for three some day and be prepared.
    I love Tea Time and enjoy a cuppa when it arrives.
    Thanks for stopping in for tea. The cookies would be a delicious addition.
    Hope to see you next week.
    Pam

  1. nannykim said...:

    Oh what fun to find some of similar design!! They are so pretty and look extra pretty with the tea in the cup!

  1. Congrats! You won my Porch Season giveaway, please email with your mailing info! I love tea too, my Mum was from England so I collect English china in her honor!
    wesue@townsqr.com

  1. Brenda said...:

    I bet the macadamia nuts add a richness to these cookies.

  1. Hi: Just found your blog. What lovely tea cups and a great deal to boot! I would like to invite you to link you to Tea Cup Tuesday. I know the ladies would just love to see your beautiful tea cups and amazing site. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

  1. Mrs P, I bet you are very glad you didn't pass these beauties up!
    Oh they are lovely. And what a creative way to present them... on top of their picture.
    Thanks for the wonderful cookie recipe. I love anything with a macadamia nut in it!
    I will try these! And any recipe I have make from you is a winner!
    Yvonne

  1. Sherry said...:

    What lovely tea cups. Such a pretty tea set.
    Sherry

  1. Diann said...:

    Hi Gail!

    OMG, I have missed 3 posts over here! I am playing catch up!

    I never knew about this magazine! Where have I been? I am going to run over and check it out in just a minute. thaks for posting about it.

  1. Diann said...:

    Oh Geez, I was so excited about the magazine I totally forgot to tell you how beautiful your teacup and saucer are! Love this design!

  1. Lady Katherine said...:

    I just know how excited you were to see your lovely Tea Cups in Tea Time! I adore this magazine, and many others. I cut back on subscriptions and friends know how much I love magazines and brings theres over. lol I then pass them on, but I keep the ones I love. Southern Lady is a wonderful magazine too. Walmart has it now, I do subscribe to it and Tea Time. Sometimes I lost amongst my magazines. lol Your Alvin teaspoons are wonderful! A set of three cups are perfect for Low Tea! Thank you for joining me for Tea Time Tuesday.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.