Americana Table Tops for Summer

Monday, June 14, 2010
In a previous post, I promised to show off the top of my old upright grand piano all dressed up for summer. I LOVE red (I know I've said that before) and jump at the chance to add an Americana theme for the summer months.


I've shown off the cloche that is the centerpiece. This display also includes a pair of antique colbalt & milk glass oil lamps that my were bought me for my birthday many years ago when we were living in Longview, WA.

I've included one of my Warren Kimble 'Colonial' salad plates, a small basket and a set of masonary stars.

The tea stained flags are in a vintage blue glass vase with a frog top.

The transferware platter and small bowl are Goodwill finds by Harvest USA and Ridgeways (made in England and I suspect quite old but I haven't researched it).

A couple of the old hymnals I collect.

The top of my secretary/hutch in the dining room. The brown transferware tea pot is by California Pantry and became an instant favorite when it was found at GW. The beakers or mugs were added later. The tall oil lamp was my Great-Grandma's and started me on my way to a collection.

The cloche holds a small basket of ceramic eggs and sits on a wooden box, next to my Grandmother-in-Law's old Daisy churn. We have made a lot of butter in that beauty.

Tea anyone? I love my yellow barn star. It hangs in the dining room year-round.

My old radio, with some vintage goodies and tea stained flags. Recognize those old bottles?


Thanks to Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life and Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday for hosting these wonderful Tuesday events each week!




26 comments:

  1. I so adore what you have done on top of your upright grand. I have one and I'm not quite sure how to decorate a lot of time. I may borrow a couple of your ideas - hope you don't mind.

  1. This is wonderful. I have the same hymnal! I love the way you put it all together!

  1. Gail you have some great things my friend...Now you know I'm drooling over the antiques I see here...love the olden looking flags and your hutch is wonderful girl...Thanks for coming by and seeing me...glad you did now I can add you to my follow list...Thanks again...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

  1. Debbie said...:

    Hi Gail...what a beautiful display...looks so homey and warm.

  1. LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...:

    Hi there....so glad i found your link off Table Top Tuesday. I love your tea stained flags...i love the old patriotic decor so much better than the bright stuff of present. However I currently have a bright red-white-blue tablescape in the works. My husband is a veteran who returned home last year from deployment...Im holding a bbq this weekend for him and am using a patriotic theme. thanks for the great ideas, hope you'll visit my page.

  1. Sandra said...:

    I love your vignettes...so fun with the vintage look...I love everything from the piano, dishes and old photo's. Come stop by my blog and say hi.

  1. Sarah said...:

    I always enjoy seeing the patriotic displays of others. Isn't it fun to enjoy these in our homes during the summer months? Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

  1. Love the Americana display -- Red White and Blue, you can't beat it.
    Beautiful!
    And you are all ready for the 4th now. :-)
    Cass

  1. xinex said...:

    Great display of all your beautiful collection, Gail...Christine

  1. Beautiful job Gail! I loved every vignette!!

  1. Love the way you put together your patriotic vignette. Also, what a beautiful old piano. Love the nostalgia and history of items. Linda

  1. paperbutterfly said...:

    This looks like a step back in time. Wonderful collection, artistically displayed.
    I am so pleased you stopped by for tea. I look forward to your next visit.
    Mister Linky has caught up to us early birds. Please feel free to return to Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday and be included.

    Fondly, Pam

  1. Debbie said...:

    I have enjoyed these so much that I studied them! If you told about the tea stained flags here, it must have been before I found you. Did you do them yourself? It adds a very warm touch to them.

    I'm going to show this to my mom. She will love it. She loves to decorate with family touches as well.

    I LOVE it.

  1. Barbara said...:

    Such a lovely display, and hope your day is filled with lots of blessings, hugs, Barbara

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Love that Americana display! You have a wonderful collection, Gail!

  1. You are so crafty and clever! Such a wonderful collection.

  1. What a great collection of Americana. I love everything. Your vignette is just fabulous. So pretty. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

  1. Joyce said...:

    How I love your vintage radio cabinet along with all the wonderful red white and blues!

  1. I love your patriotic display! You just need a coke crate now :)

  1. Sue said...:

    Gail, You have such a collection of beautiful things, I don't know where to start! Of course, I love the transferware and I that old radio!!! We had one when I was growing up and I wonder what ever happened to it. Love all the Americana combined with your special momentos from family. Always fun to come visit and follow.
    :-) Sue

  1. Kim said...:

    Gail this is so charming. Those hymnals really caught my eye. The transfer ware is just yummy. What a wonderful display

  1. I love your style, great job.

  1. Anita said...:

    I love it too, especially the oil lamps. Beautiful!!

  1. I never decorate for the patriotic holidays, other than to put up the flag. You make me want to change my ways. This really looks great and such detail, even the hymnals in red and blue are just perfect. I love everything you've done here.

  1. Diann said...:

    Hi Gail!

    Everything looks so wonderful and Americana! Love alll your little patriotic details!

  1. Kathy said...:

    Oh my goodness, I just found your blog . I am enjoying browsing your lovely posts. I loved how you decorated the top of your piano . The shelf hanging above your piano top really adds a lot of demension

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.