ROOSTER PARTY!

Thursday, August 5, 2010
I've compiled this post in advance and will be visiting each and every rooster party post but it will have to wait until I get back from my folk's 50th Anniversary Celebration. Thanks for understanding. I just couldn't miss all the fun!

I am thrilled that the lovely Barb from Bella Vista is again hosting Rooster Party!! Last years event was a blast. Here is my post from last year. Like I explained last year, my personal experience with roosters (the real kind) has not been too terribly pleasant. That said, I still think them terribly handsome fellas but am partial to hens. You'll see I've included hens with my roosters.

Brooster the Rooster is crowing his little heart out!

This lovely vintage rooster came from the Goodwill. He is a little crazed and chippy but I just thought him too cute to not bring home.

He usually resides in the kitchen on my little kitchen shelf. In fact I'd venture to say all my chickens (the house ones anyway) reside either in the kitchen or in my dish closet.





My calendar which has a new rooster for each month of the year...how can it possibly be August already?!

A tablescape from earlier this year.

I just love these plates from the Country Living line at Kmart.

Notice the BIG wire hen in the center of the table. I aquired her at a garage sale. Her color was that rusty, raw wire color but I sprayed her cream. She holds a rack of eggs and usually resides atop the refrigerator.

Such a pretty table. VERY me!

Another tablescape featuring another item from the Country Living line...the toile tablecloth in red....a perfect place for my vintage nesting hen....

and her coopmate!

I found this lovely brown transferware tea pot at Goodwill.

It has spent the summer hanging out on my hutch.

My kitchen Island almost always sports a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook in my hen easel. I just LOVE Gooseberry Patch. This one is a favorite, Recipes for Comfort.

Look closely and what do you see?

And I couldn't help including my latest chicken tablecape...I called this one Funky Orange Chicken Tablescape.

Aren't these just sweet and I think an unexpected treat in orange!



Have fun peeking at everyone's roosters and I am looking forward to checking out all the posts! Thank you Barb for hosting us!