Sunflowers & April Cornell Dishes

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some things say summer....others scream SUMMER!! Sunflowers are screamers! I just love them. While we were vacationing we drove past fields and fields of sunflowers in western Nebraska.....BEAUTIFUL as far as the eye could see. If you've never seen a complete field of sunflowers, you have really missed out. Add the experience to your bucket list!





Sunflowers don't require fussy vases and fancy table linens. My choice of a vase is a 1/2 gallon canning jar. Just perfect to show off the flowers!

I've been holding on to some lovely April Cornell bowls that I picked up at Hobby Lobby on clearance a few months back until the *right* mood stuck me. The beauty of summer sunfowers was the inspiration I needed.











This covered butter dish came from Goodwill. I was thrilled when I found it!






Simple tablescape but may be my favorite one this year!

Sharing at the lovely Susan's Tablescape Thursday!