GBP Quick & Easy Autumn Review 2 of 6

Tuesday, April 5, 2011


Day 2 ~ Snacks & Appetizers

We're celebrating AUTUMN here although it is spring! Thanks to Gooseberry Patch for another wonderful cookbook. I live in Nebraska and autumn means one thing -- HUSKER FOOTBALL!! GO BIG RED!! I simply must have plenty of recipes for snacky foods. When I went looking for a recipe from Quick & Easy Autumn's chapter on Snacks and Appetizers, I did it with football snacks in mind -- there were several wonderful choices but I settled on Claudia's Famous Wing Dip submitted by Jason Keller of Carrollton, GA.




Claudia's Famous Wing Dip

8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
16-oz container sour cream
1 c blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 c hot wing sauce
2-1/2 c cooked chicken, shredded
1 c provolone cheese, shredded
tortilla chips, celery sticks

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, salad dressing and wing sauce until well blended. Stir in chicken and cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-quart caserole dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with tortilla chips and celery sticks. Makes 6-1/2 cups.

This recipe met with mixed reviews at my house -- I for one really enjoyed it with celery sticks -- a great low carb treat but my son and his girlfriend did not care for it. I'd be willing to make it again for football games with other snacks for the non-hot wing fans.

Remember to leave comment to enter in for the giveaway. There will be a total of 6 recipes reviewed this week and a comment on each review makes 6 entires for the cookbook and Faithfulness Farm apron giveaway -- the winner to be announced on April 15 (since taxes are due the 18th this year, I figure the 15th should be the deadline for something, lol).

32 comments:

  1. Deb said...:

    I think only the girls in our house would eat this recipe..the guys wouldn't touch it! I like the sounds of it myself if I could substitute another dressing instead of blue cheese. Thanks for posting a new recipe for our family.

  1. Sharon said...:

    Hi Gail..thanks for the recipe. I am a big fan of Gooseberry Patch and would love to win...

  1. darla said...:

    just found your blogspot. live in ND and grew up on a farm. How sweet the memories. Thanks for your uplifting blog.

  1. I'll have to try this one. We love spicy dishes.
    (Sad that we won't have the Huskers with us in the Big 12 anymore.)

  1. Denise said...:

    Dont think I would like that dip either because I dont like blue cheese but glad you found something that you can eat and not have to share ;)

  1. Carra said...:

    Sounds yummy, and we love wings.
    I'll give it a try!
    thanks for sharing.

  1. Carra said...:

    We love wings, this sounds so yummy!
    Thanks!

  1. Not a fan of blue cheese but am of GBP, please enter me too! Thanks.

  1. Holly said...:

    Sounds like yummy fun! I would like to enter.

  1. Lori said...:

    That sounds like something my husband and I would enjoy. We must try sometime!

  1. Nothing beats hot wings! And when you can't get the real thing, this will definitely be a great substitute. Hope you are loving the new cookbook.

  1. cottageprims said...:

    Count me in for today.Warm Blessings!~Amy

  1. Sue D said...:

    Souonds delicious--We like hot wings but I am not sure of the blue cheese dressing.

  1. I have a similar recipe that we enjoy. The non-bleu cheese fans could substitute ranch-- that's what we do. :)

  1. LyndaLoo said...:

    Looks like something hubby might like. Thanks for posting.

    Lynda

  1. That dip looks creamy. I've never tried blue cheese dressing but am willing to do so. I love Provolone cheese, too! That dip is less messier than a bunch of hot wings and dipping sauce. Thanks again for an interesting post!

  1. OhPioneer1806 said...:

    I' ve had that dip except it was made with ranch dressing instead of the blue cheese!

  1. Michele said...:

    YUMMY!! I love anything with blue cheese! =0)

  1. Nancy D. said...:

    I've seen this many times and never tried it. It has always come with mixed reviews.

  1. Tina said...:

    Looks good...I bet my kids would love this!

  1. I've actually had this before at parties. I don't even like hot wing sauce, but this is a really good recipe.

  1. Oh yea, great for the games! And diet too:@) Gotta love it!

  1. Kay said...:

    Interesting combination of flavors... this one will be added to my list of recipes to try.

  1. Valarie said...:

    This will be perfect for our tailgate parties come football season. Who am I kidding? I can't wait that long to try it! Looks delicious!

  1. Sharylin said...:

    I'll try this for sure, way easier than prepping and baking wings!

  1. Farmchick said...:

    YUM!! I make somthing similar to this. :) We are Huskers Fans too!!

  1. rosalind said...:

    Hubby is a huge wing fan so I'm pretty sure he'll love this as an alternative - we also love blue cheese!

  1. Lee Family said...:

    Thanks for opportunity. The recipes look yummy:)Blessings!

  1. Lee Family said...:

    Looks yummy! Thanks for the opportunity! Blessings:)

  1. Kathleen said...:

    That looks like a great dip!

  1. Vintage Girl said...:

    My boys would love this dip! Gooseberry Patch cookbooks are the best and I'm so glad to read here of new ones coming out. Have a beautiful day! Blessings, Heather

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.