GBP Quick & Easy Autumn Review 6 of 6

Saturday, April 9, 2011


Day 6 ~ Slow Cookers

My slow cooker is way under used in my kitchen -- I really have to be better at using it -- it is a great time saver and just because winter is over doesn't mean it shouldn't be used -- especially on nights with lots of activities or we're all going in different directions. This recipe for Saucy BBQ Pork Tenderloin is perfect for those kinds of days. We all loved this recipe -- except I did have a wee problem. My problem was the cut of meat that the recipe called for -- pork tenderloin. This is a wonderful cut of meat but is spendy and in my opinion, better suited for more quick cook applications. Skip the tenderloin and use pork loin -- it is just as lean and wonderful and will cost you much less.


Saucy BBQ Pork Tenderloin

2 to 3 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
Salt and pepper to taste
3 c water
18-oz bottle barbeque sauce, divided
Optional: 12-oz pkg Kaiser Rolls, Split

Place pork in a slow cooker; season with salt and pepper. Pour water over pork. Cover and cook on high setting for about 5 hours. Pour off half of remaining liquid in slow cooker; add ¾ of barbeque sauce. Cover and cook for one additional hour, or until pork is very tender and falls apart. Serve on Kaiser rolls, if desired, accompanied by remaining barbeque sauce. Serves 4 to 6.

Leave a comment on this post as well as all my review posts to be entered into the giveaway to win this great cookbook before it is released to the public. That is a total of chances to enter -- the winner to be announce Friday April 15th.

19 comments:

  1. Nice and easy Gail! I went to comment and got side tracked by your 'Zillions of Zucchini' post, oh how I miss that problem when I don't have it:@)

  1. Marigene said...:

    Pork is my favorite meat for BBQ sauce...yours is making me salivate!

  1. LyndaLoo said...:

    Add some sliced onions to the mix and I think I'll try this one! I ♥ that you are sharing!

    Lynda

  1. Denise said...:

    Sounds wonderfully easy!!

  1. cottageprims said...:

    Love slow cooker recipes.Great for a day on the run.Warm Blessings!~Amy

  1. Tina said...:

    Yum! I use my slow cooker all year long! Sure can't wait to try this. We all love BBQ! I can not wait until this book comes out!

  1. Sue D said...:

    This sounds delicious and easy. Thanks for the suggestion of using a pork loin instead.

  1. Deb said...:

    I just made this for our Sunday lunch! It was delicious! My recipe is actually a little different from this one but basically the same. I cooked mine all night on low for 10 hrs...and kept waking up smelling it all thru the night! To be honest, I didn't know if I was in the mood for it for lunch after waking up and being drowned in bbq smell! LOL! i think next time I'll make it during the day and use your recipe of 5 hrs on high! :) Thanks for sharing.

  1. Shug said...:

    Will definitely share this one with my daughter...They are total sports people, you know rush in change clothes, head out to a game, rush home to eat, da, da, da, da da.....
    this will be quick and easy for her and I will feel much better about my grandkids getting a good meal...
    shug

  1. Nancy D. said...:

    Love my slow cooker, I love making pulled pork or chicken in it! Thanks again for sharing these recipes.

  1. darla said...:

    Love the recipe. Have one that is similarbut yours is much easier!

  1. OhPioneer1806 said...:

    This is a great meal, try it with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce...YUMMY

  1. Valarie said...:

    Don't you just love walking in the door to the aroma of something delicious cooking in your crock-pot? Thanks for sharing this one - putting it on my "must try" list!

  1. Lori said...:

    I'm like you, my slow cooker is under used as well. I did find a recipe for baked beans in another GBP cookbook also for slow cooker. For our next get together I will have to make this pork and the beans as well. I will do a whole crock pot theme!lol

  1. I am definatly a sucker for anything made in the slow cooker....especially in the summer time. The cooker doesn't heat the whole house and the food is so moist and juicy. I wish I could grab that BBQ right off of this screen. :)

    Mrs. T.
    Acorn Hollow

  1. Gwen (Pooh) said...:

    I make this often for Sunday lunch. My recipe called for pork butt, and I slow cook it all night long, in water and salt and pepper. By morning, it's falling apart. I drain it and then add the bbq sauce and let it stay on low till lunch time. It's always a hit. :)

  1. Lee Family said...:

    Looks like a great recipe for our Sunday meal at church. I'm a first time visitor, and I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Your website is beautiful. Thank you for the opportunity to win:) Blessings!

  1. Kathleen said...:

    It looks delicious Gail. I made it this week too.

  1. yummmmmmm..love your site!!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.