From The Hymnal ~ Our Great Savior

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Everytime I think I have run out of ideas for this feature or think that I'll end it, I get some encouragement to keep it going. This hymn is truly a favorite of mine....I'm blessed by it each time I sing or hear it and I hope it blesses you today too.

Our Great Savior

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Refrain

Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.

Refrain

Jesus! I do now receive Him,
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.

Refrain

To listen to the video, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn the blog music off.


6 comments:

  1. Ruby Jean said...:

    Hymns are so beautiful to Not only sing but read..while allowing the words to penetrate your heart...

    Have a blessed week Gail..
    Blessings
    Angelina

  1. Sherre said...:

    I agree with Angelina's comment above. And this hymn is one of my favorites, also.

  1. I really enjoyed the hymn :) :) My personal favorite is "Softly and Tenderly" I listened to the video and lost track of time. When it was over I thought "that was quick" Lovely song :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

  1. Shug said...:

    A beautiful hymn! God's timing is our lives is perfect...He is always there to bring us just the encouragement that we need....I am thankful..
    Hugs
    Shug

  1. Patty Sumner said...:

    Absolutely beautiful. This is another new one to me. I appreciate your taking time to post the great hymns. Blessings and Jesus...He is everything to me!

  1. Ginger said...:

    I love my Savior! He has been so good to me. He is my life, my master, my Lord. Thanks for sharing an inspiring hymn.

    Till next time...
    God bless you.
    Ginger

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.