Happy Flag Day!

Thursday, June 14, 2012
I LOVE the holidays of summer -- Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day (okay, so the first 2 are not technically summer but they count as summer holidays don't they?).

Every year I plant my annual pots in some sort of *theme* -- this year is red, white & blues! I simply love these blue petunias and their white *stars* -- they seemed made just for my theme. I'll show more of my annuals in the next couple weeks.

Have I mentioned that in the summer months I only work a 4 day week? I take Thursday's off. It is my fluff my nest day and I simply love it. My current fluffing includes painting my front porch. It has been quite a job and I am really looking forward to having it completed. My antique wicker is all refreshed with a new coat of paint and cushion covers and I am looking forward to hanging my buntings and having my porch all *decked* out for 4th of July -- I'm having company. Mom and Dad are coming from Arizona and my oldest son will be here from Minnesota -- oldest son was born on 4th of July! :)