Low-Carb Living ~ Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

Friday, June 8, 2012


This post is TOTALLY Pinterest inspired -- guess that is called PINSPIRED, lol. These are both recipes I have been wanting to try and both were FABULOUS...and easy, easy, easy. Oh, and the chicken most certainly melts in your mouth :)

The first recipe up comes from Grateful Belly AND ButterYum. Both of these blogs post some top-notch recipes. Each of these fabulous cooks put their own twist on this recipe and I too have twisted it up a bit.

Melt in your Mouth Chicken
(Printable Version)

4 boneless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix mayo, cheese, and seasonings. Place chicken pieces in a 9x13 baking dish. Spoon mayo mixture onto tops and sides of chicken. Bake uncovered at 375°F for about 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.

The carb count of your final recipe will depend on the mayo and cheese you use. Mine had ZERO net carbs.

The next *recipe* up is for Green Bean Bundles inspired by Paula Deen . I say inspired because I didn't follow her recipe and actually struck out on my own. My Momma always cooked her garden beans with a couple slices of bacon in them and I LOVE the combination of green beans with bacon. I used some haricot vert (thin French Green Beans) from Sam's Club. The package says that there were 5 servings (3 net carbs each) so I divided into 5 bundles, each wrapped with a slice of bacon. I then roasted on a baking sheet at 375°F for 25-30 minutes. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!

Happy Weekend! I have a long list of projects that I will be working on....how about you? What is on your weekend list?

15 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! How did you get 0 carbs
    with the cheese and mayo?

  1. The brand of mayo I use has zero carbs (State Fair Brand) and the Parmesan also has zero carbs. I am very careful at reading lables when choosing some products. It is amazing how certain things can have carbs in one brand and none or next to none in another.

    An example, last weekend my son brought over some cheesy smoked sausages for grilling. They were yummy but when I looked at the stats, there were 4 carbs per link. When I went to the store later in the weekend, I looked and found another brand that only had 2 carbs per link -- that is 1/2 the amount and when grilled, I couldn't taste a difference.

  1. FABBY'S LIVING said...:

    I eat zero carbs, been doing it for 5 months and lost 22 lbs.!! I am so excited and don't even miss them, lol..Loving this recipe, I'm pinning it too. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy a great weekend.
    FABBY

  1. Cindy said...:

    I can't wait to try this!! From NY and have never heard of State Fair brand... however in Indiana for the weekend, think I will see if I can find it here??? Have a good weekend!

  1. Hellman's Mayo (the original not the "lite") has 0 carbs. So would a modest amount of a hard cheese such as Parmesan.
    Check labels -- most "lite" salad dressings have carbs, many full fat ones do not.
    Cass
    PS This chicken recipe is on the Hellman's Mayo website, too -- and it is good.

  1. Anita said...:

    I will be trying these!! Gail, I have found that if I stay with whole food choices the carb count will be next to nothing. I never get low fat anything that might have been processed because they always will add sugar. I use Hellman's too...love it!!

  1. Mrs.T said...:

    Oh, this chicken sounds so good -- and easy! I will be trying this for sure.

    As for my weekend ... it will be busy. No time for projects of any sort, I fear, though we really need to be planting our garden. Saturday morning is filled with errands (even though I try not to do errands then, these are things that cannot wait any longer); then we need to set up for Sunday's potluck at church, then in the afternoon we have two graduation parties to attend and company coming for supper. Sunday will be the closing concert for the school-year kids' ministry at church and that is always fun. My granddaughters (9 and 11) are heavily involved in this concert, so we wouldn't miss it. Busy weekend, indeed!

  1. Jackie said...:

    These receipes sound very good and I will try both of them.
    DH is cleaning up the van .Tomorrow we will take a trip to Maryland from Virginia to attend a wedding.
    I always bring my knitting along with me when we take trips. I am working on a shawl and some baby soakers for new grandbaby.
    Beautiful day here in Va. 80s

  1. Beth said...:

    Hi Gail, Hope you are doing well. Your chicken looks fabulous. I admire you for your dedication to your low carb living. I know it's not easy, and sweets are my downfall. My wknd "list" has a lot to do with gardening, church, and family - that's a GOOD thing. Enjoy your wknd!

  1. Thanks for the yummy looking recipes:) We're having company this weekend, and a simple but tasty recipe is just what we need!

    Blessings,

    Sherry

  1. Connie said...:

    Sounds wonderful! My daughter recently found out she is diabetic and is trying to find new recipes that are low carb and good. I'm going to send her a link to your great blog!

  1. Debbie said...:

    It looks easy peasy, just my favorite kind of recipe. My pin it button has decided to play hide and seek on me. I need to get my daughter to help me find it so I can pin it.

  1. I'll print this out! Thank you! I lost weight on a low carb diet 2 years ago and I eat carbs now...but not as many! And I LOVE chicken!

  1. kitty said...:

    I made a similar version that I posted awhile back and I got the recipe from my favorite area grocery store. Love it!! I don't do no-carbs, but I do watch them and have been on The Zone diet for almost 13 years now. It's just a way of life.

  1. KellyG said...:

    This looks so good!.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.