Low-Carb Living ~ Melt In Your Mouth Chicken

Friday, June 8, 2012


This post is TOTALLY Pinterest inspired -- guess that is called PINSPIRED, lol. These are both recipes I have been wanting to try and both were FABULOUS...and easy, easy, easy. Oh, and the chicken most certainly melts in your mouth :)

The first recipe up comes from Grateful Belly AND ButterYum. Both of these blogs post some top-notch recipes. Each of these fabulous cooks put their own twist on this recipe and I too have twisted it up a bit.

Melt in your Mouth Chicken
(Printable Version)

4 boneless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix mayo, cheese, and seasonings. Place chicken pieces in a 9x13 baking dish. Spoon mayo mixture onto tops and sides of chicken. Bake uncovered at 375°F for about 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.

The carb count of your final recipe will depend on the mayo and cheese you use. Mine had ZERO net carbs.

The next *recipe* up is for Green Bean Bundles inspired by Paula Deen . I say inspired because I didn't follow her recipe and actually struck out on my own. My Momma always cooked her garden beans with a couple slices of bacon in them and I LOVE the combination of green beans with bacon. I used some haricot vert (thin French Green Beans) from Sam's Club. The package says that there were 5 servings (3 net carbs each) so I divided into 5 bundles, each wrapped with a slice of bacon. I then roasted on a baking sheet at 375°F for 25-30 minutes. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!

Happy Weekend! I have a long list of projects that I will be working on....how about you? What is on your weekend list?