We Gather Together

Monday, November 23, 2009


We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
he chastens and hastens his will to make known.
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing.
Sing praises to his name, he forgets not his own.

Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
ordaining, maintaining his kingdom divine;
so from the beginning the fight we were winning;
thou, Lord, wast at our side, all glory be thine!

We all do extol thee, thou leader triumphant,
and pray that thou still our defender wilt be.
Let thy congregation escape tribulation;
thy name be ever praised! O Lord, make us free!

WE GATHER TOGETHER - Netherlands folk hymn, translated by
Theodore Baker (1851-1934)

I'm going to link this to Mosiac Monday over at Mary's Little Red House. Please stop by and visit all the other wonderful mosaics.

13 comments:

  1. Excellent mosaic---and wonderful hymn. Love it!!! MaryBeth

  1. Sharon said...:

    Beautiful hymn Gail! I am so very thankful for the victory I have in Christ. I love your mosiac :)

    have a blessed day!

    Sharon

  1. Bonnie said...:

    Love the mosaic and the message!

  1. Such a wonderful hymn, Gail. Your Thanksgiving collage is so warm and beautiful.

    Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Tina

  1. Sharon said...:

    Lovely hymn and your mosaic is so welcoming. Sharon

  1. Valerie said...:

    One of my favorite hymns! Your mosaic is making me hungry or thanksgiving!

  1. Of course that song will now be in my head the rest of the day! I've always known it, I don't even remember when I first heard it. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sue

  1. Oh I love that hymn, and now it's running on a loop thru my head, over and over... but that's OK! I still love it.

    Beautiful mosaic, and very fitting for the holiday. have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Cass

  1. That's such a lovely mosaic and beautiful thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

  1. Lori E said...:

    It is hard when all my US blog buddies are posting all this delicious looking food. Canadian Thanksgiving was in early October. I am so looking forward to Christmas dinner now.

  1. Sarah said...:

    That turkey looks perfect! Your mosaic is lovely. Happy Thanksgiving to your! ~ Sarah

  1. eileeninmd said...:

    Wonderful mosaic, your turkey looks great and the biscuits too. Happy Thanksgiving.

  1. prashant said...:

    Love the mosaic and the message!


    Make website india

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.