Tuscan Chicken Panini & A How to

Friday, November 20, 2009
My old friend, Nancy Bogart shared this recipe. Nancy is a talented cook who has the knack for picking the best recipes. This one is her own creation.


Tuscan Chicken Panini

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
4 foccacia rolls -- split in half (I subbed some hearty sourdough bread from my favorite local bakery (Back Alley Bakery in Hastings, NE)
4 slices provolone cheese (be sure to get the smoked provolone)
12 strips roasted red peppers -- drained of liquid from the jar (I roasted 2 red peppers)
4 basil leaves
additional Italian dressing
Italian seasoning

Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing for about 40 minutes. Heat an outdoor grill or George grill or grill pan on the stove and grill chicken breasts until cooked through. Allow to cool. Brush each half of the foccacia roll with some additional Italian dressing; on one half of the foccacia layer on one chicken breast, 3 strips of roasted red pepper, one slice of provolone cheese and one fresh basil leaf and top with second half of foccacia roll. Brush outside of the foccacia bread with olive oil and sprinkle top with Italian seasoning blend. Place on George Gill or use a panini press with a grill pan and grill until bread is toasted lightly and cheese is melted.

I do not own a Panini maker and don’t really have the room to store yet another small kitchen appliance. I use a cast iron grill (the backside of my cast iron griddle) to do a lot of indoors grilling. It does a super job of making things like chicken breasts, burgers, sausages, etc., Last night, I used it to grill the chicken, to make the roasted peppers AND to actually grill the panini.




Once my chicken breasts and peppers were done and the sandwiches were assembled, then they went onto the grill and were weighted down with a skillet.



PERFECT PANINI!! Thanks Nancy for sharing and allowing me to share your recipe!

I'm linking into Michael's Foodie Friday. Check out all the great recipes there :)



18 comments:

  1. Hi Gail! I've been missing you! I have had such a hectic week- but that is behind me now and I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I love this recipe. I got a George last Christmas from my husband- he broke the "no appliance" rule for Christmas as a joke. I have not used it much, but I love this recipe. I am going to brush off the dust and make this great sandwich. I am wild about paninis.
    Hope to stop by before Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    Yvonne

  1. honeysuckle said...:

    Panini's are a favorite of mine too. This one sounds like it has the right combination for a truly tasty sandwich! Have a happy Thanksgiving:

  1. I can't wait to try this -it sounds so good.
    vickie

  1. Great recipe and great tip, Mrs. P!! I have learned from Rachael Ray that you can use a brick wrapped in foil!! You have made me hungry!!

    xoxo
    Jane

  1. What a GREAT!!! recipe and the combination sounds TASTY!!! I also like your tips.
    Geri

  1. Ooo...it is lunch time, I wish I had this right now! Looks wonderful.

    Sue

  1. Mary said...:

    Wonderful and so very nice to have in the recipe rotation. Thanks for sharing.

  1. Wendy said...:

    You must have been reading my mind...I just said the other night that I was hungry for a Panini!! I can't wait to try this!
    I love your pictures of the farm houses. That is a long time dream to one day live in a old home with lots of character (and probably lots of work!!)
    It was so nice of you to visit my post today! I hope you enjoy the flank steak!

  1. Erica said...:

    My Family loves panini's....and this recipe looks very good. Thanks for sharing. :-)

  1. That is a GREAT way to do it! We don't have a grill and I've thought about those grill pans for a long time. I saw someone make a panini on an outdoor grill with a brick (wraped in foil) for weighing.

    I like your idea!

    And it sounds so good! I used to eat paninis in France and Switzerland and I loved them.

  1. Great idea! I don't want any more appliances to store myself.

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Looks delicious, Gail!
    I have the Griddler, so I will have to try it..
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

  1. Wow! This looks just fabulous! We love our chicken breasts and here's a new way for us to put them together! Thanks for sharing and have a Happy Thanksgiving all week long! Coralie

  1. Debbie said...:

    YUM! I love this...or at least I will whenever I make it:) I just wanted to let you know that the link for Crock Pot Wednesday is already up. I thought everyone would have a very busy Thanksgiving week, so I got an early start. Thanks so much for posting to CPW last week.

  1. Sharon said...:

    Oh this sounds so good! We love Provolone chesse but I have never heard of smoked Provolone. I think I NEED to try that :)

    thanks for sharing Gail :)

    Sharon

  1. Sabrina said...:

    This looks so yummy! Reminds me of my favorite panini from Panera. Now I need to try this one at home! Thanks for sharing!

  1. Rick said...:

    What a delightful website - wonderful music,
    and God's Word. Can't ask anything else.
    Blessings to you,
    Dee Jackson

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.