Peking Pork Chops ~ Crockpot Wednesday

Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Joining in at Dining with Debbie for Crockpot Wednesday. Thanks for hosting Debbie!



This recipe is an oldie but goodie at our house, for the crockpot. Since I’m trying to get my deep, preholiday cleaning done this week, I’ve been utilizing my crockpot to help get the meals onto the table. This recipe was originally shared by Lynda McCormick at AOL’s What’s For Dinner board. Any recipe from Lynda is a winner and if my memory serves me correctly, this was also featured in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. I served basmati rice (cooked in the rice cooker) and an Asian slaw on the side. Very yummy supper!

Peking Pork Chops

6 pork loin chops, (1 inch) thick cut
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger, or 2 tsp freshly grated
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup (Chinese ketchup is best in this recipe)
fresh garlic (2-4 cloves) crushed
salt and pepper, to taste

Trim excess fat from pork chops, brown in a skillet with 1-2 tsp oil and place in crockpot. Mix brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl and pour over meat. Cover, turn to low and cook 4 to 6 hours, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serves 6.