Foodie Friday ~ Sauteed Tilapia w/Lemon Peppercorn Pan Sauce

Friday, November 13, 2009
It's already Friday. It has been a pretty productive week for me. My house is sparkling and tomorrow we have the carpets cleaned. I'm hooking up with Michael's Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum. This recipe is from one of my favorite cooking sources, Cooking Light magazine. Tilapia is a favorite with my family and I try to serve fish as often as they’ll eat it.



Sauteed Tilapia with Lemon Peppercorn Pan Sauce

1-1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons drained brine-packed green peppercorns, lightly crushed
2 teaspoon butter
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons butter
Lemon wedges

Combine first 3 ingredients. Melt 2 teaspoon of butter with oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. While butter melts, sprinkle fish fillets with salt and black pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Dredge fillets in flour; shake off excess flour. Increase heat to medium-high; heat 2 minutes or until butter turns golden brown. Add fillets to pan; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fillets from pan. Add broth mixture to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in two teaspoons of butter with a whisk. Serve sauce over fillets. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.

Be sure to check at all the wonderful recipes at Foodie Friday!



15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting so much accomplished and ready for Thanksgiving Day ahead! Your recipe looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for your visit and for sharing on FOODIE FRIDAY!

  1. honeysuckle said...:

    This looks and sounds great. I need to eat and cook fish more often. I love peppercorns too I have never bought the brined ones so I should try this recipe. Thanks for giving me the push!

  1. Mary said...:

    It sounds as though your forward thinking plans will allow you to enjoy the holiday without stressful last minute cleaning. The tilapia sounds delicious.

  1. Joyce said...:

    I just love cooking light recipes and this one is no exception. I only cook fish when my husband is out of town.
    Joyce

  1. Hello, my friend! Your recipe is just perfect! I love talipia and any pan sauce has my name written all over it! I will love to cook this!
    Just to answer your question- I do grow my own herb in a small herb garden. I just bought in my rosemary for the first time- it is a bush, and I didn't think it would survive the harsh winter. But it might not survive me either!

    Next week in my menu for the week I am featuring your Peking Pork Chops! I can't wait to try them.
    Keep in touch!
    Yvonne

  1. I'm drooling over this recipe. Where do I find brine-packed peppercorns? I've never had a recipe call for them, so I have no idea where to look?

    Sue

  1. Jeanie said...:

    We love tilapia, I will have to try this.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet note.

  1. Diann said...:

    Oh this looks yummy!

  1. We love talapia, but I never see any good recipes. This has changed my mind. I have copied it and can't wait to try it! BYW, what section is the green peeppercorn in?

    xoxo
    Jane

  1. Michelle said...:

    OH how I love green peppercorns! Such a unique pepper flavor and add so much to any dish!

  1. ButterYum said...:

    Yum!! I've never seen brine packed green peppercorns. I bet capers would work though!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    :)
    ButterYum

  1. Anita said...:

    I love making talapia but have never made it with a yummy sauce on top. I will be trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

  1. Sharon said...:

    That sounds wonderful Gail! Thanks so much for sharing :)

  1. Cathy said...:

    The lemon green peppercorn sauce sounds wonderful on one of my favorite kinds of fish. I'm looking forward to trying this.

  1. fiberdoodles said...:

    This recipe sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing it!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.