Oodles of Noodles

Monday, January 10, 2011

I have always loved regional type cookbooks. One of my favorite cookbook authors is Marcia Adams. I have all her books and many of my *specialties* are recipes straight from her books. One of our family favorites for many, many years has been Noodles With Buttered Crumbs (click for printable recipe) from Marcia's Cooking From Quilt Country. Totally COMFORT food. So simple and yet pairs well with so many mains.

Birthday son requested Noodles with Buttered Crumbs for his birthday supper. I was all set to make that when my new Country Living magazine showed up in my mailbox. The Noodle Pudding recipe from reader Barbara Wener looked like heaven and I thought birthday son might like this even better and if not, I'd make his favorite too. Yes, I made 2 different noodle dishes for the same meal. You do things like that for your kiddos! He said he couldn't choose and loved them both.



Noodle Pudding
(Printabale Version)

1 cup Panko crumbs
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted plus more for greasing dishes
8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, finely chopped (I used a very small shallot instead)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, toss panko with melted butter and set aside. Butter six 1-cup ramekins. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Divide noodle mixture between prepared ramekins and top with reserved bread crumbs. Bake for 1 hour. Serve hot.



Sharing at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted this week At The Well and Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday.