Looking Forward - NOT Back!

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's here - the NEW YEAR is finally here. I know that 2011 was a particularly difficult year for some. For me, it surely was a year of growth and as I've said before - CHANGES. Sometimes growth brings pains - there were those. Some more painful than others but I always knew there were those having a more difficult time than me. Change can be difficult but it also can be very freeing. I choose for it to be the latter just as I choose to be joyful.

If I had to pick a word for 2012 - it would be CONTENTMENT. That is a very special place to be.

I've spent the biggest part of this long weekend de-christmasing my home. WHEW, why does it never seem as big a job to pull it all out as it does to put it all away? I am organizing and uber-cleaning as I go. The next couple months will bring lots of demands on my time -- new grandbaby AND tax season. It's good to get things in order now. I like the freshness of the new year to concentrate on organizing and getting things in order. Oh, and another thing in my mind is a fiscal fast -- more about that later.

16 comments:

  1. MamaMonki said...:

    Wishing you much contentment in 2012!

  1. Moving forward is just what I need! I love your word, contentment. And funny my word for 2012 is Change! hugs, Linda

  1. Lynn said...:

    I love your word, Gail. Contentment has eluded me for some time now and I long to find that place again. I just read your post on your weight loss journey. Sooooo proud of you! What an inspiring and honest rendering of your struggle. You look fabulous and happy. We women are strong, that's all I gotta say ... besides Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

  1. Debbie said...:

    A fiscal fast? I like the sound of that. I'll be waiting for more.

  1. Patty Sumner said...:

    Intersted to hear about the "fiscal fast". I hope you find your place of contentment this upcoming year. Blessings and enjoy your day!

  1. De~Christmasing began today...my darling daughter did it all. I don't know where she gets her energy!! I could have lived with it longer...I love the lights!

    It sounds like you have come a long way, Gail. I thing we have to go through very tough times to learn some important lessons in life. And we do come out stronger. I wish you all the contentment in the world!

    XO,
    Jane

  1. yes I am still "dechristmasing" as you said...tree down and living room back together. Now the dining room and kitchen, uugg!

  1. Shelley said...:

    Contentment is certainly a wonderful blessing...I pray you find it in an abundance this year.
    Blessings

  1. Mecky said...:

    Happy New Year.
    A new year is refreshing, isn't it? It fires me up to get on the ball and organized like so many have been talking about! I love it!

  1. OhioPioneer said...:

    Funny you should mention contentment and fiscal fasting. Although I put them slightly differently (contentment=choosing to be happy; and fiscal fast=belt tightening) these two are my goals for 2012.
    I love the fresh beginnings of a New Year.

  1. OhioPioneer said...:

    Funny you should mention contentment and fiscal fasting. Although I put them slightly differently (contentment=choosing to be happy; and fiscal fast=belt tightening) these two are my goals for 2012.
    I love the fresh beginnings of a New Year.

  1. Happy New Year Gail! My word for this year is 'completion'. : -)

  1. Amen and Amen!
    You are an inspiration to us all.

    I am cheering you on my Blog Friend!

  1. I just found your blog today and I think it's great! Looking forward to reading more. Happy New Year!

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    I think you are so wise to choose to be joyful instead of bitter. It is easy to go the other way. I have been in the place you were in. I wish I were uber-cleaning but sadly that is not the case. Until next week nothing but that darling CC is happening around here. Then I will catch up. Hey I am crazy about feet pictures and shoe pictures too. I always had CC, as a baby, photographed barefooted cause I love baby feet. hugs, Olive

  1. Cathy said...:

    As much as I enjoyed them it feels good to put all the holiday trimmings away and look forward to a happy 2012. I hope the coming year is a good one for us all.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.