Low Carb Living ~ Marinated Olives

Friday, January 13, 2012
When I share that I follow a low-carb eating plan one of the most asked questions I get is what do you eat for snacks? Firstly, I *DO* snack -- usually 2-3 small snacks between meals a day. Some of my favorite snack items are nuts (especially almonds and walnuts), cheese, crunchy veggies - radishes w/butter, celery w/cream cheese, olives and one of my favorites - coffee and a small piece of very dark chocolate. I don't use any of the low-carb bars or products that you can buy, preferring a REAL food diet. Many of those contain sugar alcohols which can (AND in my case DO) cause gastric distress. One of my favorite snacks is olives....especially these marinated olives - yummy and full of good fats which leave you VERY satisfied.


Marinated Olives
(Printable Version)

2 cans medium pitted ripe olives, drained and rinsed
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients in a quart-sized canning jar. Place lid on and shake to coat olives with oil mixture. Refrigerate.

Posting to: Foodie Friday and Potpourri Party!

10 comments:

  1. Becca said...:

    Ooooh! How about stuffing the olives with cloves of garlic?? That would be SO good! :)

  1. Hmm I just bought a large can of alive oil and I have the rest! I'm going to try this out. My Hubby works long hours and by the time he gets home it's too late to eat a meal. This looks like a nice snack or even something he could add to a salad.

  1. I wish I liked olives. I really do. But to me, they taste, HORRIBLE :)!

  1. Everything sounds good, but the red peppers. I'm such a wimp-they burn my mouth. I love black olives!
    thanks for the tip!

  1. I love olives and found the most delicious oil-cured black olives when I made my recently cauliflower steak. If these taste half as good as those, I'll be a happy gal.

  1. Renna said...:

    Hmm...I've not made a low-carb plunge yet, but those olives sound mighty tasty. I have never heard of buttered radishes before, but I'm game to try anything once!

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    I need to send this to my sister as olives are her favorite food.

  1. Debbie said...:

    I eat many of the same things for snacks, and like you have problems with the bars. The olives look delicious!

  1. Sharon said...:

    Thank you for sharing Gail, these sound good!

    I am so proud of you! Not only have you lost so much weight but you are continuing to make healthy choices :)

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Sharon

    PS I am having a giveaway if you would like to stop over :)

  1. Barb J. said...:

    I LOVE black olives (not so much the green ones). But I've never tried to marinate them. Sounds good.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.