Low Carb Living ~ Marinated Olives

Friday, January 13, 2012
When I share that I follow a low-carb eating plan one of the most asked questions I get is what do you eat for snacks? Firstly, I *DO* snack -- usually 2-3 small snacks between meals a day. Some of my favorite snack items are nuts (especially almonds and walnuts), cheese, crunchy veggies - radishes w/butter, celery w/cream cheese, olives and one of my favorites - coffee and a small piece of very dark chocolate. I don't use any of the low-carb bars or products that you can buy, preferring a REAL food diet. Many of those contain sugar alcohols which can (AND in my case DO) cause gastric distress. One of my favorite snacks is olives....especially these marinated olives - yummy and full of good fats which leave you VERY satisfied.


Marinated Olives
(Printable Version)

2 cans medium pitted ripe olives, drained and rinsed
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients in a quart-sized canning jar. Place lid on and shake to coat olives with oil mixture. Refrigerate.

Posting to: Foodie Friday and Potpourri Party!