Low Carb Living ~ Lemon Chicken

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Busy helping my daughter this week with the new baby. I have managed to make some of my go-to, quick low-carb meals. This one is one of my favorites. Our local grocery had Meyer Lemons which are such a wonderful treat (and make me miss CA and the lovely little tree I had in my yard there). A delicious supper with some asparagus on the side!


Low-Carb Lemon Chicken
(Printable Version)

4 boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c white wine
2 Tbsp butter
2 small lemons sliced into rounds

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and cover. Deglaze skillet with white wine, scrapping up all the bits remaining from the chicken on the skillet. Reduce to 1/2 the amount. Add lemon slices and butter. 1 Tbsp at a time, whisking until melted. add chicken and any juices back to the pan and turn to coat evenly with the sauce. Serves 4.

Sharing at Honey's Potpourri Party!

14 comments:

  1. acorn hollow said...:

    the chicken looks wonderful.
    I know I am late but congrats on becoming a grammie. There is nothing like being a grammie.
    cathy

  1. Yum! I'm not doing the low carb thing (although I did many years ago) but I am putting this in my favorites. It sounds like a keeper.

  1. Shug said...:

    How exciting to be there with your daughter and that precious baby...
    this meal looks great. Haven't had meat in 19 days, so I could almost eat that piece of chicken right off of the computer..
    hugs

  1. Kim said...:

    I'm so trying this one!

  1. Looks simple, but extravagantly delicious! I, too, love asparagus.
    Best,
    Gloria

  1. Renna said...:

    That recipe sounds delicious whether low carbing or not. Thanks for sharing it, and congrats on the grandbaby!

  1. I love lemon anything and can practically taste this recipe! Looks and sounds delicious. So wonderful that you are able to help with the new baby.

  1. This looks like a really wonderful, simple meal :) :) I like lemon chicken :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

  1. That looks so yummmy! I need to put this on my menu for next week.

  1. kitty said...:

    Congratulations on the new grandbaby!!! How wonderful to help out with the cooking. The lemon chicken sounds delicious.

  1. Sounds delicious and so nice and light! What a joy to have your daughter and new grandbaby!
    Miss you!
    Yvonne

  1. I found some Meyer lemons at my store recently too! This looks like a delicious sauce for chicken and I love lemon.

  1. momto8 said...:

    Easy fast healthy..pretty good dinner!
    Congrats to your daughter and you!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

  1. Sharon said...:

    Hello Gail,

    I picked up some Meyer Lemons (I had never had them before) at the grocery store last week and then found your recipe :) I made it this evening and it was delicious! The only thing I did different was use fresh minced garlic instead of the garlic powder.

    Thanks for sharing your yummy recipes! Have a blessed day in the Lord tomorrow!

    Sharon

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.