Cupcakes~Wrap 'em up!

Saturday, November 27, 2010
Isn't it fun just how popular cupcakes have become! I enjoy making cupcakes (goes back to my LOVE of the individual serving). As a part-time caterer, I would much rather get orders for cupcakes...much easier than decorating a whole cake in my opinion. One of the FUN things I love doing for my cupcakes is adding a WRAP. There are lots of places you can order or buy these, but I save that expense and make my own. A very easy-peasy project. I found a template here. I use a decorative scrapbook paper and make my cupcakes look festive and fun for whatever event I am making them for.

From the recent Vintage-Themed Baby Shower I hosted.

Recently I was contacted by my friends at Gooseberry Patch. They plan to use my favorite Double-Maple Cupcakes in their SOON to be released book, 101 Cupcake, Cookie & Brownie Recipes (stay-tuned for a review and giveaway of this book). These are very special cupcakes for sure!



Double-Maple Cupcakes
(Printable Version)

Cupcakes:
½ cup granulated sugar
5 Tbs butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp imitation maple flavoring
2 large eggs
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup lowfat milk
¼ cup maple syrup

Frosting:
3 Tbs maple syrup
2 Tbs butter, softened
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp imitation maple flavoring
1/8 tsp salt
1¾ cups powdered sugar

Toasted pecan pieces, optional

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. To prepare cupcakes, beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and ¼ tsp. salt in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Combine milk and ¼ cup maple syrup. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Prepare frosting: Beat 3 Tbsp. Maple syrup and next 4 ingredients (syrup through 1/8 tsp. salt) at medium speed of a mixer 1 minute. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating just until blended (do not overbeat). Spread the frosting over cupcakes. dip in toasted pecans. Makes 12 cupcakes.

Joining at at~

Betty's 2nd Cupcake Sunday
Lisa's Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday

27 comments:

  1. Yum! Your cupcakes look adorable and delicious. I can't wait for that cookbook to come out!

  1. These sound DELICIOUS... BUT... I have a question, "WHY does the recipe call for imitation maple flavoring WHEN it also calls for real Maple syrup"??? I'm thinking to LEAVE out the maple flavor stuff???
    Thanks you, Hugs, Donna

  1. Oh, Gail...these look wonderful! Can I say I knew you when???

    XO,
    Jane

  1. Denise said...:

    wonderful.Thank you,are you having a book published?

  1. cottageprims said...:

    Congratulations on being picked.I love Gooseberry Patch.The cupcake liners are sweet and look yummy.Thanks for sharing.Warm Blessings!~Amy

  1. These sound great Gail, I actually picked up a bottle of maple extract at TJ Maxx! I love cupcakes and look forward to your book review and the give-away:@)

  1. Hi Gail...

    Ohhh my goodness...this is sooo awesome, my friend...that you are going to have your Maple Cupcakes in the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook! Congratulations!!! I am soo happy for you! Well my dear friend, your recipe looks and sounds absolutely diving! I loveeee maple and will definitely be giving these a try! I also love your pretty cupcake wraps...what a GRAND idea...to use pretty scrapbook papers!!!

    Have a super Sunday, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

  1. Like you, I would much prefer to make cupcakes. Your recipe sounds so yummy! No wonder your recipes are in the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. I just got a great fall gooseberry cookbook last week. I'm looking for your recipes! I will have to get the new one too.

    Thanks for the cup cake wrapper download. There are so many fun things to do with wrappers. And now I can create my own.

    Have a blessed day, my friend!
    Yvonne

  1. I love your presentation and that recipe sounds incredible!!

  1. Mmm!! I love cupcake too. I made some chocolate with espresso icing over the weekend. Your maple cupcakes sound yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll have to try it out.

  1. Jacqueline said...:

    I love the idea of making my own wrappers. How wonderful to be included in the cookbook. I will have to get it. I have the 101 Muffins and love, love, love it. Yours sound fantastic.

  1. Well that is certainly exciting news! The cupcakes sound delicious. I'm so excited for you!

  1. Diann said...:

    Oh Gail! this looks so yummy! I am going to have to make these. And what a great idea about the scrap paper. Thanks for that simple but wonderful tip!!

  1. Those look wonderful, I haven't used wraps I really love the parchment look but not sure how to do it. Do you have a post about that?

  1. Shannon...I love the parchment liners for muffins. I've never have blogged on these but did a post on Facebbok a few months back. Here is a the link I posted --

    http://www.marthastewart.com/goodthings/crisp-muffin-wrappers

    They turn out terrific and are fun to do :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

  1. Kathleen said...:

    They look beautiful! My friend told me the Cricut has a cupcake paper cartridge. I tried to get it on line at Jo Anns, 59 dollars for the machine, but their site was down and when I could get back on, it was sold out!
    Congrats on Gooseberry, I love their books!

  1. Lady Farmer said...:

    Oh, I love maple anything! (especially maple bar doughnuts!) These cupcakes sound de-lish! Thank you for sharing the recipe! I will have to try them very soon! ;~P
    What an honor to be in the new Gooseberry Cookbook! Congratulations! You are so creative in the kitchen! Honor well deserved!
    Blessings!

  1. Olive Cooper said...:

    The Gooseberry Patch Cookbook! WoW! Good for you.

  1. Kim said...:

    Hi Gail, what I came over for fits perfectly with your post :). I'm having a King Arthur Flour giveaway, one of the items included is tulip muffin papers. Also included are muffin mixes - a muffin's just a bald cupcake, right? Blessings friend.

  1. Betty said...:

    Hi Gail,
    I would love to say thank you for joining my 2nd Cupcake Sunday. I learn alot from you all. Wow!! a recipe in a famous cookbook. Good job. I just printed out the template for the cupcake wrappers. Thanks again for joining my party.
    xo
    Betty

  1. Carol said...:

    Gail,
    That's exciting! I am a Gooseberry Patch fan!
    Also a cupcake fan!

  1. Rettabug said...:

    Oh Gail, you had me a 'double maple'!!! What a delicious sounding treat...copying to my recipe files as I type.

    Congratulations on being selected as an entry to the next GP book!!! I only have a few Gooseberry P'js but they are always great sources of ideas & recipes.

    Thank you for the link to the cupcake wrappers, too. I'm going to try making some very soon. The grandkidlets would rather have a cupcake any day!

  1. Beth said...:

    Gail, You make food look so attractive. No wonder you are a successful caterer! Congratulations on having your recipe published!
    Blessings, Beth

  1. Hi Gail, your cupcakes look so delicious! I adore making them almost as much as eating them.

    Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

    Hugs, Barb ♥

  1. Thank you for the link for the wrapper! :) I also printed your Double-Maple Cupcakes. They look delicious! Thank you! Congrats on being included in Gooseberry Patch's book.

  1. bj said...:

    OMGosh...I am so impressed. Gooseberry is my favorite.
    These cupcakes look wonderful. I just printed it out so I can make some soon.
    Doubt that I could make the wrappers..I am not good at that sort of thing.:)

  1. Carmen said...:

    Oh those cupcakes sound yummy! Can't wait to see them in the new Gooseberry Patch cookbook!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.