Skillet Suppers~Corned Beef Hash

Sunday, March 14, 2010


Leftover Corned beef? We had our annual St. Paddy's Day dinner last night. Lots of wonderful food, friends and laughter. Now I am left with some sliced corned beef and little pits of cabbage, potatoes and carrots. Lunch today will be hash. I'd say this is probably my favorite part of corned beef supper...the leftovers!



Corned Beef Hash

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 ounces cooked corned beef, diced
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 large eggs
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 slices cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)

Heat the oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the corned beef and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until it releases some fat and browns slightly, about 3minutes. Stir in the onion, bell pepper and potatoes and cook, undisturbed, until brown and crisp on the bottom, about 6 minutes. Continue cooking, turning the hash as it browns evenly, about 15 more minutes. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the eggs sunny-side up or over easy; season with salt and pepper. Place the cheese slices on top of the hash, reduce the heat and let sit until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. To serve, top each portion of hash with a fried egg.

Adding to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa.



13 comments:

  1. I also enjoy using left overs creatively like this. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

  1. Connie said...:

    I'm not a big corned beef person but that hash...looks delish.

  1. I think I might have said this on your last post -

    YUM!

    I'll be trying this with our leftovers and my Worker Bee will be in hog heaven!

  1. Kathleen said...:

    We won't have our corned beef till St. Patrick's Day, but for sure hash will be on the menu!
    Yours looks excellent, Gail!

  1. Lori E said...:

    My dinner is late tonight and this is killing me. If it looks this good the day after it must have been fabulous.

  1. That looks REALLY good.

  1. Oh my goodness~this looks wonderful. I am so glad I stopped in today. I am looking at your recipes I think I need to try them all!
    I am stocked after my trip to the Amish Dutch Pantry the past week end.
    I pray you have a wonderful day.
    I just love your blog~what a blessing I received from visiting today. I am under the weather and I am sipping tea and looking around! Just what I needed! 8)

  1. Pam Ponder said...:

    wow that looks so good my hubby just walked by and said "What is that??" he thought it looked awesome too, I book marked this one thanks

  1. How did I miss seeing these great green plaid tablecloths at TJ max? I need to go look again! I love your shamrock pickle dishes! And it sounds like your dinner is going to be really yummy!
    A couple of weeks ago a fellow blogger was looking for a place to find good recipes that were easy to prepare for her family... I suggested she try your blog, cuz you always have such yummy stuff posted! Hope she came by.

  1. That looks so good! You have a beautiful site!

  1. We had our corned beef tonight and we're going to make your hash with the leftovers! Thanks!

  1. Jeanette said...:

    What a pretty table and tasty menu. I so enjoyed my visit.

  1. Vesuviusmama said...:

    Corned Beef Hash from leftovers is one of my favorite meals of ALL TIME! Unfortunately, my husband can't stand corned beef, including the smell of it cooking, so I don't have it very often. But he's out of town right now, so maybe I'll throw some in the crock pot tomorrow...

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.