From The Hymnal ~ Blessed Assurance

Saturday, October 9, 2010

“Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith.” Hebrews 10:21-22

I cannot think of a hymn written by Fanny Crosby that isn't a favorite of mine but this one is set apart for me. Very special. Maybe because I was raised in a faith that taught that salvation is something I could blow but I have since come to believe that God's precious gift is secure, despite my own short comings and I have BLESSED ASSURANCE!

Blessed Assurance

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Refrain

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Refrain



12 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful hymn. When I was really young, I didn't like the hymns...I thought the music was old and boring...Now that I'm a bit older...but still young, of course :) :) :)...I LOVE these old hymns...such great words of truth from fellow Christians who have come before us :) :) :) My favorite is "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling"...:) :) :) Have a lovely weekend, Gail. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

  1. Annesphamily said...:

    This is one of my favorites too!What a wonderful reminder. Thank you Gail! Anne

  1. Ann said...:

    This is one of my faviurite ones.

  1. Kathy said...:

    Wonderful Hymn and
    a charming blog...
    Nice to meet you Gail...
    Weekend Happiness to you,
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

  1. Mimi said...:

    I love that hymn too.
    Mimi

  1. Prairiemaid said...:

    This is my all time favorite! You chose well.

    Have a blessed week!

  1. Camille said...:

    I *love* the old hymns! SO rich and full of truth to encourage and bless! Thank you for sharing. Lovely to "meet" you!

    Blessings,
    Camille

  1. I guess if you are going to have a song stuck in my head...this is a great choice!

  1. Debbie said...:

    This is one of the songs that I sing while doing my housework. I love it and can always hear my grandmother's voice when I sing it.

    In fact, sometimes, I find myself singing like her, especially on the part, "This is my STO-RY..."

  1. I love the old hymns so I enjoyed this post. I found you by way of Marla at Always Nesting and look forward to reading more posts!

    I emailed you with a question about your weight loss that you spoke of in a comment at Marla's blog.

  1. Betty said...:

    Hi
    Thank you for visiting My Cozy Corner. Wonderful post.
    xoxo
    Betty

  1. omega57 said...:

    I sang this to both our baby daughters who were adopted so they would never not know of HIs love. Check out my post about that. http://omega58.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/daughters-of-the-king/

    Blessings, Linda

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.