From The Hymnal ~ In Times Like These

Saturday, October 30, 2010


More than once this week I heard someone say "In times like these". I know they were discussing the news or the upcoming elections but it brought my mind to the words of this wonderful hymn. No matter the times, the answer is Jesus! Listen and be blessed.

In Times Like These (You Tube Link)

In times like these you need a Savior
In times like these you need an anchor;
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Chorus
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

In times like these you need the Bible,
In times like these O be not idle;
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Chorus
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

In times like these I have a Savior,
In times like these I have an anchor;
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Chorus
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!



13 comments:

  1. Barb said...:

    Amen! We all need to remember the words to this song. We also need good leaders, who believe and lead our nation with prayer, and know what an anchor Christ can be for all of us! Well said!

    Blessings,
    Barb

  1. xinex said...:

    Beautiful hymn, so solemn and relaxing!..Christine

  1. Vintage Girl said...:

    He is our rock for sure! What beautiful and reassuring words. Thanks so much and I hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend! Heather

  1. Adrienne said...:

    Thank you for sharing this today. We need to remember the words - every day, in times like these. I have loved this song from the first time I heard it as a young girl and it has 'stayed with me' through the years. No cause for fear. We have a Savior - in times like these!
    ~Adrienne~

  1. Tammy said...:

    I love hymn Books... so much good music from cover to cover. I'm going to try and find this song on you tube and listen to it.

    NOVEMBER GIVEAWAY starts tonight. Hugs. Tammy

  1. Lori said...:

    Just found your blog and am wowed. A very good read. So much so that I have added you to a list I frequent. Thank you for your faithfulness 'in times like these'. Lori

  1. Thanks for sharing these hymns. I really liked this one very much :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

  1. Cathy said...:

    What a beautiful hymn, Gail. Comforting words to be sure in uncertain times like these.

  1. Julie Harward said...:

    Love that one and so many more..they are all my favorites! :D

  1. Sherry said...:

    I love old hymnals! And the hymns! Thanks for your sweet comment!
    Sherry

  1. I haven't thought of this hymn in awhile... It's a great one!

  1. Patty Sumner said...:

    Love the old Hymns...I also love the new praise and worship.... I guess, I love anything that recognizes our Lord and Savior for who he is ....Love to sing to him.. thanks for sharing and reminding us that He is and always will be the "rock" of which we need to stand on! Loved your blog. Blessings to you and yours!

  1. Marilyn said...:

    Beautiful blogs from a lady with a beautiful spirit!

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.