From The Hymnal ~ I Must Tell Jesus

Sunday, October 17, 2010


Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

I had another post prepared for this segment this morning but I woke up with this hymn roll thru my head. I encountered so many dear folks this week who were bearing burdens that were beyond their abilities to bear. I love both this verse and this hymn....GREAT reminders that we are not alone in our cares.

I Must Tell Jesus

I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and cares for His own.

Refrain

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

I must tell Jesus all of my troubles;
He is a kind, compassionate friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.

Refrain

Tempted and tried, I need a great Savior;
One Who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus;
He all my cares and sorrows will share.

Refrain

O how the world to evil allures me!
O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the victory to win.

Refrain



14 comments:

  1. Cindy said...:

    Gail stop by and read my post..and know why this is so appropriate for me today and the week to come.
    Hugs to my Sister in Christ..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

  1. Karen said...:

    Jesus can help me, Jesus ALONE! That's what I have to remember Gail...(Alone) He is all sufficient. Thanks for the reminder of the great old hymn.

  1. This has always been one of my favorite hymns. I learned a beautiful arrangement of this on the piano and my family often ask me to play it when I am visiting.
    It is such a wonderful song and the words are so very true.
    Thank you for this lovely post.
    Rhonda

  1. Farmgirl Cyn said...:

    Casting ALL my cares upon Him, for He cares for me!
    Yes, indeed, a beautiful reminder of His faithfulness.

  1. I really love all these hymns you share with us every week :) :) :) The words are comforting and great reminders of God's truth...and I love how we can cast all our burdens on Him :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

  1. Marlis said...:

    I love this post. What a wonderful reminder of all that is precious. He is faithful, He is caring. He is Savior.

  1. Barbara said...:

    Oh yes I do love that song too, I must tell Jesus, he is always so willing and happy to hear from me too, Oh how I do love Jesus...
    Hugs and blessings my friend.

  1. Debbie said...:

    I love this one too! So far, you keep posting my favorites. Maybe that's because I have so many favorites!

    There's a story behind this one, as I recall. I can't remember it, but I remember liking it.

    How often I have thought of this hymn when there is something that "I must tell Jesus."

  1. Aliene said...:

    Been singing this song for years. Love it, especially the part, Jesus can help us, Jesus alone. He is the only one who can help a heavy
    heart.

  1. Mary Ellen said...:

    Love this song too!! So many of the old hymns I find myself singing these days though I am a lover of choruses!

    Praying that those we minister to here in Colorado would see that they must Tell Jesus also and see the great privilege we have of coming to Him in not only or need but or every moment!

    bee blessed
    mary

  1. Woo Hoo! Gail, you made the semi-finalists in my giveaway!

  1. Lindy said...:

    I really enjoyed this post. Don't you just love when a hymn gets in your head and you can't get it out? What better to be stuck in your head?

  1. So comforting, Gail. Just beautiful!

    Hugs, Barb

  1. nancycreative said...:

    That's a great hymn with such comforting words. Thanks for posting it.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.