Old-Fashioned Bake Sale ~ Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins

Friday, September 23, 2011

I never repeat posts or recipes -- well, until today that is. Last fall, I discovered this wonderful recipe in Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. My family was hooked. I've made them many. many times since then and made them to bring to work today to celebrate the arrival of Fall.


Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
(Printable Version)

10 Tbsp butter, room temperature
3 c all-pupose flour
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/3 c buttermilk
1-1/4 c pure pumpkin puree
3/4 c light brown sugar
2 large eggs

sugar coating:
3/4 c granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 12 standard muffin cups. Make batter: In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and pumkin puree. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture; and beat to combine.

Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup and bake until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Let muffins cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Working with one at a time, remove muffins from pan, brush all over with melted butter, then toss to coat in sugar mixture. Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.

Posting to Honey's Potpourri Friday & Michael Lee's Foodie Friday!

22 comments:

  1. Vintage Gal said...:

    Those muffins look and sound just marvelous ~ gotta try this recipe. Thanks for sharing ~ I can almost smell them ;-)

  1. These look great! I love pumpkin!

  1. They look so good! I hope to make some soon.

  1. I'm definitely going to try these...simple and delicious!!

    Thanks, Gail!

    XO,
    Jane

  1. OMGoodness those look yummy! I'll have to grab this recipe and treat some friends to a fall coffee at Lillie Mae Acres. Thank you!

  1. Lynnie said...:

    YUM. OK. I know what I am creating in the kitchen this weekend! As always, thanks for such a tasty recipe! Pumpkin anything.. keep it a'coming! Happy Fall!

  1. The muffins sound great Gail, I'm all about pumpkins this year:@)

  1. ButterYum said...:

    Perfect for this time of the year... I'm pinning this recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

    :)
    ButterYum

  1. Marigene said...:

    Those muffins look delicious, almost like the Cape Cod Table Cookbook's Cottage Street Dirt Bombs that we so love. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing!

  1. FABBY'S LIVING said...:

    Oh my goodness, this pumpkin donuts are totally yummy!! Thank you for the recipe, just copied it! I also love your RED Kitchen Aid! Have a fun weekend. FABBY

  1. Honey at 2805 said...:

    Those muffins are calling my name! They are screaming "take a bite"!

    Thanks for your receipe!
    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Fridy. I really appreciate your participation!

  1. kitty said...:

    Oh my, those sure look & sound delicious!! I need to make them this Fall!!!

  1. Shug said...:

    Oh my goodness... my young-n's are gonna love these. I had better get busy this weekend makng a sample batch for them to try..
    Thanks for sharing..
    Shug

  1. Pam said...:

    The picture of those muffins are making my mouth water. Sounds yummy!

  1. Pumpkin and doughnuts. You are speaking my language.

  1. These look and sound wonderful! I am having company over Thanksgiving weekend, thinking these will be a great breakfast treat! Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Tami @ A Girls Gotta Nest

  1. Wow!!!! I just love Pumpkin anything, and this sounds just scrumptious!! Thank you so much for posting it again ---- just for me!

  1. Helen said...:

    Only problem is...I want to eat them right now!

  1. Yummy! These muffins look very similar to French Breakfast Muffins that I make! They are soooo good and look just like yours. They don't have the pumpkin puree so I will have to give your recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Shanon

  1. Mimi said...:

    What a good way to start off the pumpkin season.
    Mimi

  1. Ellen said...:

    I am so going to make these over the weekend. They look and sound soooooo good. I am sure my family will be in muffin heaven. Thank you for sharing.....
    Hugs,
    Ellen

  1. Cori said...:

    Oh...these look so yummy. I was just looking for a recipe to whip up for a girl's get together tomorrow night and this is it!

    Checking the pantry now to see if I need any ingredients.

    Thanks so much!

    Cori

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.