Hens, Roos & Chickies Too!

Monday, August 8, 2011
Time to show off your roosters and hens over at Sheila's Heart of the Home Party. I always love a party -- especially a themed party! If you've been following along at Faithfulness Farm, you already know that I like chickens.......A LOT! I took part in Barb's Rooster Parties last year and the year before last.

This year, I already had my dining room sideboard all dressed in yard birds so I clicked a few photos and rushed right over to PARTY!! My sideboard is just an old antique chest of drawers that stores my collection of napkins, tableclothes and placemats. A red-checked-lined basket holds 4 *On The Farm* rooster plates from the David Carter Brown Collection (each plate depicts a different regal looking rooster), some red tin stars and a yummy apple scented candle. Chickens LOVE apples!
A stack of some cute vintage transferware plates -- can you believe I found a bowl to match -- I love the yellow on the bowl.
Toothpicks hanging out in a little spotty hen.
A cloche over an enameled pie pan and a collection of brown & white (ceramic) eggs.
Isn't this gravy boat just wonderful? -- I suggest using the ladle though -- his gullet doesn't like giving up the gravy -- I must make thick gravy, lol.
A larger cloche over another enameled pie pan - Mr. & Mrs. Roo under glass!
a small vintage planter with a tiny baby African Violet.
A Roo salt shaker and his Hen pepper shaker on a little tray -- I LOVE all white dishes!
Aren't these just the cutest little Roo and Hen?
Back in the kitchen, there are a couple scary looking vintage fighting cocks overseeing all that goes on. These were garage sale finds and someone had painted them burnt orange -- talk about scary, lol. Nothing a can of black spray paint didn't quickly fix.
Well, I better save something for the next party -- I think I'll put the kettle on to boil.

A BIG Thank-you to Miss Sheila -- such a lovely hostess!!