Old-Fashioned Bake Sale ~ Fruity Granola Bars

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I have a confession to make -- I didn't bake a thing all week. I intended to -- in fact, I set aside this afternoon to make this wonderful, many times tried and very true recipe. Didn't happen. I got a better offer and off I went thinking I'd make them when I got home....didn't happen again. I am going to go ahead and pass along the recipe but I have no photos to share. Sorry. What I can tell you about these is they are perfect lunchbox treats. I promise to really bake next Friday's featured recipe. Thanks for your understanding :)

Fruity Granola Bars
(Printable Version)

1 cup low-fat granola
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dried mixed berry blend
1/4 c up sweetened flake coconut
1 egg
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup agave nectar

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to go over edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, combine granola, oats, flour, dried fruit and coconut. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil and agave nectar; stir into granola mixture. Press mixture in prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Grasp ends of foil and lift from pan. Cut into 12 bars. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap. Store wrapped bars at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze the wrapped bars in an airtight freezer container for up to 3 months. Makes 12 servings.

5 comments:

  1. Ruby Jean said...:

    This sounds like a GREAT recipe for the children to make and enjoy...I will have to show them this as they LOVE Organic Granola bars...Can I substitute the Agave with Raw Honey...???

  1. Sounds sweet and yummy. I love oats in any form! :)Love your blog!!!

  1. Tina said...:

    Yum! They sound delicious!
    I know what you mean about good intentions on baking. I've had several recipes out this week that I wanted to make and still haven't baked a thing! My bananas for my Banana Bars are almost too ripe to use now! It's tomorrow or not at all!
    Hope you're having a good (but cool) week!
    I appreciate all of your prayers this past couple of weeks! You are a faithful prayer warrior!

  1. Debbie said...:

    You cracked me up with the comment about getting better offer.

    Those look really delicious. We are huge granola bar people here, and it would be nice to make my own so I know exactly what's going into them.

  1. Karen said...:

    Sounds really good, I love granola bars. Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your comments -- thank-you for taking the time to leave one.